Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Critique my Sci-Fi artwork - as if you are a card art director.

polycounter lvl 4

Replies

• Mehran Khan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mehran Khan polycounter lvl 9
    ok, first off ;  I am not a card game art director, but I am trying to get some work in the same industry. So just my 2 cents.
     I think the best thing going on in your piece is the detailing, you have some nifty amount of details going on and that's a great, shows that you are into making detailed stuff, those knees are very well done, I reckon you are using a 3d base to paint over? it is really working.
     perspective is also nice and the piece comes together because you don't have too much random shit going on .
    the colors and the contrast is actually something that can be improved alot in this one. her face is blue but it's hard to tell whether it is blue or is that atmospheric ambience, because everything around her head is also blue.
    the back ground (area behind her ; the seat and the machine) is kinda of the same contrast level as the character itself and that is also taking away from the whole piece and making all dull, I would add some sort of orange lights (LEDs, mechanisms) around the back of the chair, and I would also make the area around the top of the back ground dark to make the character pop out more.

edit : kick ass folio btw :)

• beccatherose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beccatherose ngon master
    I'm no art director, but I'm loving the colors in that illustration!