Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Screenshots from a cancelled game I worked on

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Ravenok polycounter lvl 7
Hey all,

For the past year and change I've been part of an indie team, working on a story driven adventure game.
We worked hard, made mistakes, had some breakthroughs, we did what we could. The usual. But eventually we ran out of fuel, and had to stop.

We used our final few weeks to come up with something, using whatever we managed to salvage from a very unfinished project, to see what our game could have been. It's very rough and rushed, it's very much a WIP stopped too soon, but that's all we had.

I'm posting it here to hear some feedback, opinions, critiques, whatever you want to provide. We appreciate it all.
It's been an amazing experience and brought us all to new heights, more ready to tackle future challenges than ever before.

This is using the Unity Engine. Which you could have noticed by leftover UI :)
Thanks for watching.

Replies

• lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    For what its worth i think it turned out very beautiful. 
  • Zitch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zitch polycounter lvl 8
    What a shame, the environment looks beautiful! Just remember that success is built on a mountain of mistakes! And the work you guys did do seems pretty cool from what I see here!
  • dpadam450
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dpadam450 polycounter lvl 9
  • Ravenok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. It means a lot.
    As you can guess, spirits are low now that things have ended, and seeing positive feedback is very heart warming.

@Zitch - As you said, success is built on a mountain of mistakes... I cannot agree more. I'll definitely continue my journey, and try to bring gamers something great to play sometime in the future. I'm 100% committed to this.

@dustinbrown - Thanks for the comment and feedback. That's actually a very interesting point. It also connects me to how cool light makes us awake and alert, and warm light makes us sleepy (which is why computer monitors keep us awake at night). I'm actually interested in trying to switch up the palette now that you mentioned this, experiment with other moods.

This was actually a very interesting project to figure out. Since we had a stress of time, I had to find a way to produce assets quite quickly.
    The entire game was basically only sculpted and colored using vertex painting, hardly any textures are used. So essentially we cut away most of the texturing process, and dealt with the consequences the best way we could. Definitely a process I'll explore further given the chance.
  • Ravenok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharing a couple more screenshots. Tried some color grading.

• Savannakhet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Savannakhet polycounter lvl 11
    Yeah, this is very beautiful. love the foliage.