Home Technical Talk

Cinema 4D R18 announced

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Bluestemos polycounter lvl 5
http://r18.maxon.net/en/products/new-in-release-18/overview/

I feel like this update is way better than what Maxon gave C4D users with R17. The upgrades to the Knife tool are great - and they finally added in support for vertex colors. The fracturing tool is quite nice as well, and lets me delete Thrausi for now.

However, still no love for the UV editor or Bodypaint... even though they say that this update includes key features for game development. :confused:
They did add a new tool which creates UV's automatically, though - but that doesn't mean they shouldn't update the UV editor.

Thoughts?

Replies

• gfelton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gfelton polycounter lvl 6
    I think they should embrace their strength as a motion graphics software and give some love to MoTools. While it's blatantly obvious they want to branch out and make creating game art in Cinema a more viable workflow, their tools still leave a lot to be desired. I couldn't stand dealing with lots of the modelling/unwrapping tools so I eventually switched to 3DS and life has been great so far. I must admit though, I do miss their interface.
  • fdfxd2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fdfxd2 interpolator
    gfelton said:
    I think they should embrace their strength as a motion graphics software and give some love to MoTools. While it's blatantly obvious they want to branch out and make creating game art in Cinema a more viable workflow, their tools still leave a lot to be desired. I couldn't stand dealing with lots of the modelling/unwrapping tools so I eventually switched to 3DS and life has been great so far. I must admit though, I do miss their interface.
    This
    Exactly this

Focus on making material nodes, maxon.