Home Unreal Engine

Substance Painter to UE4 problem

null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
DimSim null
hello all ...im new to Substance painter ...recently i made barrel model and i textured it using Substance painter...but when i finished the model and i exported as UE4(Packed) ...and i imported everything to UE4 and i conected everything in the material editor ..i ddnt get any reflection ..sinse it a metal barrel ...but then i tried to export as a default way in SP and i loaded all my maps to UE4 It kinda worked it doesnt really look good

this the model in UE4

everything seem to be plugged correctly in the material editor

this the model in Substance Painter ..rendered Iray.

Replies

• Obscura
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Grayscale textures such as metallic, roughness and stuff needs to have "masks" compression. Make sure its set to that, and make sure that sRGB is turned off.
    Anyways, you say its a "metal barrel". Technically you dont really see "metal" on this because its mostly the paint which is not metal. Then rust has different properties than regular metal, its nor really metal anymore.
  • DimSim
    Offline / Send Message
    DimSim null
    Obscura said:
    Grayscale textures such as metallic, roughness and stuff needs to have "masks" compression. Make sure its set to that, and make sure that sRGB is turned off.
    Anyways, you say its a "metal barrel". Technically you dont really see "metal" on this because its mostly the paint which is not metal. Then rust has different properties than regular metal, its nor really metal anymore.

well you see im nwe to SP and texturing in General .. i'm sorry to say i ddbnt quite understand what do u mean with**Grayscale textures such as metallic, roughness and stuff needs to have "masks" compression. Make sure its set to that, and make sure that sRGB is turned off.**

can you please explain a bit better for me to understand and if ther any examples that wouuld be better ..and thank you in advance .
  • furiouslul
    Offline / Send Message
    furiouslul polycounter lvl 4
    DimSim said:

can you please explain a bit better for me to understand and if ther any examples that wouuld be better ..and thank you in advance .
    Double click your RMA texture file and set these parameters in the panel on the right