Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

SYNTHETIK - My new game! Unforgiving shooter in a retro-futuristic machine controlled world

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Shrike interpolator

Hey guys,
So ive been working on the game for around 1.5+ years so far and we are now on a point where it is somewhat presentable.

The game is a unforgiving dungeon crawler or rogue-like shooter, everything is very powerful and the machines are relentless. Autocannon turrets rip you to shreds if you get hit, dodge mortars and rockets and try to find the most extreme weapons and items to survive and reach the highest floor of the tower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceYVmRQrfQI

Edit: We are on Kickstarter right now, help us out! : )

The Rundown:

• Everything is very powerful & dangerous 
  • Both sides have Full Friendly Fire, things get very messy
  • Fight relentless bosses and face high stakes with permanent death
  • Environments change their layout every new attempt  
  • Offline-Rendered art with permanent destruction and unlocked fps
  • Random encounters, things can malfunction or gain surprising effects
  • Find and level powerful items, the power of each item is defined by choice!
  • Intense, movement based recoil with pixel perfect mouse controls
  • Next level gunplay with EjectActive reload & Discard Ammo
  • Tons of weapons with each weapon having 10+ variants
  • Various ammo types for each weapon, even for rockets!
  • Many upgrades and systems to experiment with! Play your way!

There are many items, perks, upgrades and whatnot and many small details and interactions that can happen.
I want to make a deep game with the most satisfying gunplay and the customization of a classic rpg and dynamics of a roguelike. There is a lot behind the surface. Items can be leveled, even the potions, shrines offer random events, Enemies of higher rank have different attacks, you can make sacrifices to the machine god, everything interacts with each other and a lot of things have small edge cases that can happen. I put a lot of effort in small details. Also everything has friendly fire. Things can go out of hand very fast.

Actually its the first time i'm programming, it was a rough start that took around 3-4 months of watching tutorials to get along, but now I feel pretty good about it. (Surprisingly there are no crashing bugs and very few minor bugs, everything is super smooth).
The funny thing is that now the art that stresses me the most, I still am a designer at core.

My business partner Alex is doing the complex programming tasks however, such as the AI, Pathfinding and collisions and helps out with other things.

Currently i am reworking the progression systems, here is the WIP new starting equip screen.

I worked on some weapons together with some great polycount guys @Shinigami @ghaztehschmexeh
Weapons have to be ejected, active reloaded, can be upgraded 3 times in 9 categories and have complex recoil systems. Each weapon can be obtained in one of +-15 variants and 3+ ammo types, drastically changing behaviour each time you find the same one even.

Here are some cool weapons from the game, we have 25+ already:

Ammo can be poison ammo, bouncing, or have exponential penetration a.o. Even the rocket launcher has ammo types, dumbfire, homing and mouse targeting missiles per example.

We now start reworking the environments because they suck hard, and we got a lot of insight on the trailer and will do a much better one that represents the game better and aiming towards kickstarter in around a month.
Ill try post some updates here on progress, there is still a long way to go, but we are progressing well. We are missing content (enemies, environments) mainly, the gameplay works very well so far.

Id love to hear what you guys think!

Replies