Home Technical Talk

Upgrading or building a new PC? This is the thread for you!

Replies

• Aabel
    Offline / Send Message
    Aabel polycounter lvl 6
    Boost clock issue comes down to the MB. To be fair to the MB manufacturers AMD is advertising speeds that are pretty much at the limit of what's achievable within reason on Ryzen 3000. If hitting advertised boost is really important to you, you need to choose your board carefully. 

How are you missing that clock for clock AMD is faster? That video I linked you locked all processors to 4ghz and 8 cores, making them identical so that IPC could be measured. Clock for clock AMD is faster in the shit that actually matters. Single core Ryzen 3000 series processors meet or exceed what Intel is capable of while costing less. The only thing Intel is the king of currently is vulnerabilities. If you think Intel is still the best in the increasingly irrelevant single threaded performance arena please, post some evidence from a controlled testing environment that isn't GPU bound.
  • Aabel
    Offline / Send Message
    Aabel polycounter lvl 6
    http://archive.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?211200-What-should-i-go-for-more-RAM-or-better-CPU&p=1228358&viewfull=1#post1228358

This actually matches up with my experience in Zbrush 100% I guess Aurick would be in a place to know  ;)

Just doing a quick test I was able to get up 75% cpu usage just navigating around a model in Zbrush. It absolutely does use the cores you have every chance it gets, even in just rotating around. If Zbrush performance is important you want more cores.
  • Veezen
    Offline / Send Message
    Veezen polycounter lvl 9
    I need to upgrade my PC soon and I have to think which side should I choose - AMD or Intel.

Basicly I will be using my PC for 3d projects. Most often used software are Blender 2.8, Substance Painter, sometimes UE4, Marmoset Toolbag. In Blender I want to make faster renders using Cycles/Eevee, and i wish to have overall better viewport performance. In Substance Painter i want to work in 4k quite smoothly on projects sized around ~1-2GB (right now I work in 2k).  Last thing, UE4 - It would be cool if shaders could compile much faster.

My current spec is:
    CPU: i5-3570k
    GPU: GTX 1060
    DDR3 RAM: Ballistix 24GB
    MOBO: ASROCK Z77 Pro 3

In terms of CPU, I was more into AMD right now, bcs I heard a lot of good things about it, and that it's good for a workstation - that would force me to change MOBO, which is completly fine.
    Radeon VII was released this yeah, and when I noticed that it have 16GB VRAM, I immediatly thought "it will be great for SPainter". Is it true?

So, what will be the best for me?
  • PolyHertz
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    @Veezen The current AMD cpus are better for rendering then Intel. For the gpu, the Nvidia RTX cards can bake textures in Substance Painter MUCH faster then on any other card (thanks to SP getting support for the RTX raytracing tech).
  • Lucas Annunziata
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucas Annunziata polycounter lvl 13
    Anyone have any monitor recommendations? I'm looking for :
    1440p native
    Good color accuracy
    22-27 inches
    Small Bezels
  • brainchildpl
    Offline / Send Message
    brainchildpl polycounter lvl 4
    Do you really need small bezels? NEC and EIZO are my recommendations but they don't have small funky bezel

NEC MultiSync EA275WMi-CT ColorTuned
    NEC PA272W
    EIZO CG2730

If you want best monitors for color work, just forget about small bezel IMO. If you really want it maybe something like that would be ok.

EIZO FlexScan EV2780

Btw. ColorTuned monitors are amazing. 
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Was looking to pick up 2 monitors for about $300 each. Found Acer V277U, 1440p 27" IPS 75hz freesync for $230. Any similar monitors I should consider? 
  • brainchildpl
    Offline / Send Message
    brainchildpl polycounter lvl 4
    Do you want to play video games on it? You don't need 75hz freesync for work (color work).

I would go with 60hz monitor. Acer isn't something anyone would recommend for color work (for artists),they are more like gaming monitors. For $300 it will be hard to get a good 1440p monitor sadly. 
    If you want 1440p monitor whatever you buy in that price will be "good" (pretty average).

A 1080p monitor for $300-400 would be great IMO - 
    NEC ea244WMI. 
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I feel like I'd be better off getting two Acer V277U and a color calibration device, instead of getting 2 1080p monitors accurate enough for print work. 
  • thomasp
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    NEC and Eizo would also be my recommendations. Doesn't need to be their CG product lines either, one step down from there is still noticeably better than the usual Acer, Samsung, etc. crowd. They're out of the budget though and ... 1080p indeed sucks as a resolution to work with.

Not sure a Spyder or similar will do much for improving gaming monitor appearances? Glossy screens, not so great viewing angles/color shift all over the display... at least that's what I notice when gaming monitors are lined up.

Thin bezels kinda make for overly flimsy monitors in my experience. Not great for the office but if at home and you never move them then it shouldn't matter much.

For a 600 budget perhaps you could look into getting a single ultra widescreen. LG has pretty nice colors out of the box in some of their models. Still flimsy though. ;)

• Moffafa
    Offline / Send Message
    Moffafa polycounter lvl 10
    UPDATED: September 15, 2019, 9:39 AM (PST)
    CHG -- Changed

Title:
    New Computer Configuration
    Purpose: 3D Modeling/Sculpting/Texturing
    Software: Maya LT, Zbrush, Substance Painter, Photoshop CS6
    Budget: $2,600 CDN (before taxes and shipping)

Configuration (so far): (Dollar amount is USD from Amazon.com)
    NOTE: The configuration started by using the following website: https://www.cgdirector.com/pc-builder/

CHG -- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core, 16-thread processor with Wraith Prism LED Cooler ($329.00)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock AM4 ($35.99) ---- Should I choose a different Cooler? ----
    Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming x570-Plus (Wifi) ATX AM4 ($199.99)
    NOTE: All of the B450 MB's keep displaying the following in PCPartPicker:

Warning!Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Matisse CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.

CHG -- GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card ($539.99)
    CHG -- Memory: 32GB (2 x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 CL16 ($154.99)
    Storage PCIe-SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($219.95)
    Corsair RM (2019) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.98)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PH-ES614PC_BK Full Tower Chassis Without Window - Black ($139.99)

Monitor: Looking for suggestions. I noticed the new video cards use the Display 1.4 and my monitor is from 2011 so it only has DVI and HDMI.

Total before taxes and shipping/handling:
    Total USD: 1719.88 (monitor not included)
    Total CDN: 2286.32 (monitor not included)

All suggestions, comments, etc. welcome and thank you in advance!

=================================================
    Special Thanks to JRocket and Obscura for the suggestions!

• jRocket
    Offline / Send Message
    jRocket polycounter lvl 18
    We live in an interesting time where a lot of computationally expensive operations are being moved to the GPU. Substance baking, some lightmapping, and marvelous designer simulations are all GPU accelerated now, although AFAIK zbrush operations are not. Therefore, I'd bump up to the 3700x and get a midrange b450 motherboard instead of the more expensive x570's. Also, 64gb of ram is probably not necessary. I have 32gb and never had any problems.
  • Obscura
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Yep. Also, I would not get a non super rtx card.  The super equivalent is only slighty better but its still something. They are also selling for the price of the standard one when it was launched. From what Ive heard, Nvidia also stops producing the non super 2070 and 2080. I also agree that the 64 gb ram is overkill at this time.
  • Moffafa
    Offline / Send Message
    Moffafa polycounter lvl 10
    UPDATED: September 17, 2019, 4:10 PM (PST)

Purpose: 3D Modeling/Sculpting/Texturing
    Software: Maya LT, Zbrush, Substance Painter, Photoshop CS6

NOTE: The configuration started by using the following website: https://www.cgdirector.com/pc-builder/

===========FINAL BUILD===========
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core, 16-thread processor with Wraith Prism LED Cooler ($329.00)
    CPU Cooler: Will use the Wraith Prism LED Cooler
    Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming x570-Plus (Wifi) ATX AM4 ($199.99)
    GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card ($539.99)
    Memory: 32GB (2 x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 CL16 ($154.99)
    Storage PCIe-SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($219.95)
    Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.98)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PH-ES614PC_BK Full Tower Chassis Without Window - Black ($139.99)
    ===========FINAL BUILD===========

The only thing right now that I might be over thinking and still need:
    ****Monitor: Looking for suggestions. I noticed the new video cards use the Display 1.4 and my monitor is from 2011 so it only has DVI and HDMI.

All suggestions, comments, etc. welcome and thank you in advance!
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    You can convert display port to DVI or HDMI with adapters 
  • nooby
    Offline / Send Message
    nooby polycounter lvl 10
    Hi guys! 
    I'm thinking of buying MSI gs65 for doing 3d - mostly modeling/sculpting texturing(substance/mari) and occasionally rendering some still shots in arnold/substance iray(keyshot/octane in the future) - how good this laptop is doing such tasks ? 
    Specs:
    CPU i7-8750H Six-Core
    16GB DDR4
    6GB GTX 1060

Would appreciate to hear any thoughts about this guy! 

NB: I know it should overheat while u do some hardcore gaming though I wondering how it may affect long texturing sessions or rendering for 1-2 hours ? 
  • rtos
    Offline / Send Message
    rtos polycounter lvl 2
    Hello,

I'm thinking about making myself a cheap rendering PC that would be controlled by my current working station. It would ideally run all the time, rendering things from sheepit (the free distributed renderfarm for Blender) and of course my own stuff when I need to. I'd rather have it slow and steady than fast and costly lol. I'm thinking no dedicated GPU, just a multi-threaded CPU (as good as my 500€ budget would allow, and as low wattage as possible), a good case and air cooling system (needs to be very quiet since it would be running in my small flat !).  Don't need any peripheral since I'd use teamviewer to access it.

Do I even need a SSD for Windows on this or is this a waste of money?
    How easy it is to launch a blend file alongside a render script without opening the Blender interface (it needs a dedicated GPU since version 2.8 I think)?
    How much RAM should it have for baking sims?

• oglu
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    Baking sims does need fast SSD, fast CPU and a lot of ram.
    Which kind of sims are you planning todo`?
  • rtos
    Offline / Send Message
    rtos polycounter lvl 2
    @oglu Why does it need the fast SSD? For writing the calculated data? Is that really a limiting factor when calculating (.ie not being able to write data fast enough on an HDD)?. Cloth, fluid, smoke... Anything really. But it'll be used more for pathtracing rendering.
  • Autarkis
    Offline / Send Message
    Autarkis polycounter lvl 8
    Hi Polycounters,
    I've been searching for information regarding Quadro RTX vs GeForce RTX.
    The rule for me has always been to pick out GeForce because I spend about 60 to 70% of my time inside of Unity.
    However the Quadro rtx 5000 that comes with the new Nvidia studio laptops are supposed to be coming in with an Nvidia studio stack that's supposed to accelerate tasks in DCC and apparently also works inside Unity and Unreal. Price is not an issue, if I can squeeze in 10 to 15% improvements across the board id go for the Quadro.
    Tools aside from unity are Maya/max, photoshop and substance. 
    Anyone here with one of those Quadro rtx that could speak to it's performance in real time development?
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    However the Quadro rtx 5000 that comes with the new Nvidia studio laptops are supposed to be coming in with an Nvidia studio stack that's supposed to accelerate tasks in DCC and apparently also works inside Unity and Unreal. 
    Don't get a Quadro unless you need a Quadro. "Supposed to" is terrible justification. 
  • Udjani
    Offline / Send Message
    Udjani interpolator
    Hey guys,

I will probably buy a new pc next month and will expend about 700-800 bucks on amazon/newegg, would be worthed to wait until black friday to buy it? you think i would get at least a 50$ discount for that amount?, never bought anything online so i have no idea. 

Also, what about those used - ''like new / very good'' on amazon warehouses, a bit risky to buy those? 
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    There's some parts that are fine used, CPUs, RAM, cases, coolers but there's also parts I would not buy used, Motherboard, GPU, PSU, SSD. AIO water coolers.

For Black Friday/Cyber Monday, it can be very hit or miss. If you aren't tied to a particular model, its generally pretty good, should be able to get ram, SSDs, cases, monitors, etc, with some discount. Probably wouldn't expect much of a discount on GPUs or CPUs. 
  • PolyHertz
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with ZacD, except fans are generally cheap so I wouldn't bother buying them used either (and I have had fans die on me after a few years of use).
  • Udjani
    Offline / Send Message
    Udjani interpolator
    I will only buy online the cpu, gpu, ssd, hd and ram, the rest will buy in my country as the shipping is too expensive. I guess i will wait then, if i get abotu 50$ of discount in total i could get a 2060 super instead of the normal one. Didn't know about the ''cyber monday'' thing too, good to know.  
  • Zablorg
    Offline / Send Message
    Zablorg polycounter lvl 6
    Anyone know what kind of upgrade would give me the most bang for my buck? Budget is flexible but I'm interested in optimal cost/benefit. Currently I have:

• 16GB RAM (DDR3)
    • GTX 980
    • Intel i7-4790K
    I use Blender and am interested in benefit to that, but increased game performance wouldn't go amiss.
  • PolyHertz
    Offline / Send Message
    Assuming you use Substance Designer, I'd upgrade to 32GB RAM, which you should be able to do for $50-100.
    A better GPU would help with viewport performance, though for any noteworthy improvements you'd need to get at least a Geforce 2060 'Super' card (costs $400-450). 
    The CPU is still ok for most things, and any note worthy upgrade to it would require a new motherboard and DDR4 ram.
  • Udjani
    Offline / Send Message
    Udjani interpolator
    edit: im retarded.
  • Vekta
    Offline / Send Message
    Vekta polycounter lvl 3
    Hello, I’m looking for some help regarding my upcoming build. 

Ideally I’d like to build an mITX machine because I like the idea of a tiny case which looks nice and saves some desk space. The downside is that mITX only supports up to 32 GB of memory (except for X570 which supports up to 64 GB across 2 DIMMS but it’s too expensive for me). 

My major concern is that if I go for mITX ill be stuck with a maximum of 32 GB for the next 3 - 4 years. I will be using Maya, Zbrush, Painter, Designer and UE4 using mostly 4K textures, but possibly 8k on some occasions. 

I’m hoping someone can give some insight into if I would benefit from 64 GB or if you think I will be fine committing to 32 GB for the next few years. I don’t want to be in a situation where I’m forced to change my entire setup to accomodate extra ram in a year or so.

Thanks!

• PolyHertz
    Offline / Send Message
    mITX motherboards do go up to 4 DIMM sockets for 64GB of ram, but there are very few boards that support such a configuration and they tend to review poorly.

32GB is considered the best in terms of price/performance atm, and is enough to do most things without needing to worry about running out of memory. But, if you push your scenes or sculpts you definitely can still go beyond 32GB. Some free demo levels for UE4 can easily eat 20-30GB of RAM ("A Boy and His Kite" demo as an example eats about 20-24GB of RAM, and came out in 2015).
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    How tiny do you want to go? I initially wanted to go ITX with my last build, but ended up going mATX with a compact case instead, the TJ08-E. 
  • Blaizer
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    I have planned to upgrade my main system for the next year (my pc has already 10+ years), and reading some of your replies i'm wondering if i really need 64GB for Zbrush, Substance and Unreal Engine. I had in mind to pass from 16GB to 32GB, which means i have to pay the double.

I see the new PC Builds Polycounters are buying, and for my surprise, they are 2-5 times more expensive compared to the computer i thought was more than enough. (Amd Ryzen 5 3600 ~200€, 32GB DDR4 3000mhz ~150€, ~100€ Mobo, ~100€ Nvme M.2. SDD= 550€ as much).

Are the assets/scenes in unreal demos so bad optimized that we may think we need to use the raw powerforce of the latest computer on market as the unique option? Sorry if i bother you with this question, i didn't inspect any asset cuz the little i watched was from too many years ago.

I use a GTX 1060 with a 4K + Cintiq, and i only have planned to buy mobo + cpu + ram +nvme SSD. Do i need to change the GTX 1060 for better perfomance in Substance Painter? (i don't play games at all). The highest size of textures i create nowadays is 4096 and i tend to do UVs with a 90%+ of map usage. With the GTX 1060 i have more than enough. But nowadays i'm seeing too many people working with UDIMs of 8K and 16K, and wasting UV space imho. I'm thinking i'm really picky with the optimization steps (UVs, Seams, Topology, etc.), and that i'm being stupid wasting time in stupid optimizations nobody cares about. It's a weird feeling.

So, Do i need to opt for a better CPU, the double of ram, and a newer GPU?
  • thomasp
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    Unreal assets can be huuuuuge indeed and the engine is quite the resource hog. Pretty sure I was told they used 64 GB RAM in their machines at Epic when they were doing Gears series and it was a mental amount back then which would have required workstation-grade mainboards.

Personally for an new system I'd start with 64 GB and made sure there is headroom to go for at least 128 later on without swapping Mobo + CPU. But yes, depending on what you do, 32 is far from unworkable, just not very 2019-ish. As for GPUs - I constantly run out of VRAM when baking in Toolbag on my GTX 1070. Would love to have a Quadro or Titan at this point. Or anything really that ships with a significant boost in memory. Have to say I also do bake in 8K for my particular kind of work.
  • Obscura
    Offline / Send Message
  • Blaizer
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    Thanks a lot @thomasp , much appreciated.

I will use 64 gb instead of 32 (2 modules), and i will start saving money for a better GPU upgrade.

I'm still doing 2k-4k textures, but i think i need to switch to 8-16k in order to stay up to date with the actual trends. Almost all the assets with pbr materials i have seen use 8k textures. Udims are also here :anguished:

• phaedarus
    Offline / Send Message
    phaedarus polycounter lvl 10
    What benefit if any, exists for having two Nvidia 2080 TIs (11 GB VRAM) apart from GPU based rendering without SLI?

I understand that viewport scenes in 3D will not render any faster but would such an arrangement allow Windows to delegate the display load of multiple applications between the two cards? For an example, I may have Maya, Blender, Photoshop, and Subtance Painter/Designer open while testing my exported content to the Unreal Engine. Would my PC be better able to retain the respective FPS for each application with the addition of a second Nvidia 2080 TI?
  • PolyHertz
    Offline / Send Message
    @phaedarus Sadly no. In newer versions of SLI (called NVLink) applications can be made to support superior memory pooling which could in theory help performance in memory intensive apps like Substance Painter, but in reality no one seems to care enough to add support outside of GPU rendering.
  • Summoned88
    Offline / Send Message
    Summoned88 polycounter lvl 2
    Hi,

i've started to build a new PC for some lightwaight rendering and basic 3d modeling - i'm new.

I got R5 3600x with 16gb 3200mhz ram, now i need gpu.

Do you think Asus Strix 1080ti is ok or should i look for more stable Evga 1080ti SC2 Hybrid? i'm looking for a gpu for few years at least
  • PolyHertz
    Offline / Send Message
    @summoned88 The 1080ti strix is a great card, I wouldn't spend more for the hybrid. Keep in mind though it doesn't have any realtime ray tracing hardware so texture baking, GPU rendering, and certain lighting features in UE4/Unity may be much slower then with an RTX card.
  • jStins
    Offline / Send Message
    jStins interpolator
    New decade and time for a new home workstation. I've read the first post (updated November 2019) and it's very helpful, thanks. The last couple boxes I've bought from HP and they were OK, but ultimately fell short, especially when trying to upgrade components, like the GPU. 

I'm trying to decide if I should build my own or go with a company that will build to spec for me. It's been a long time since I built my own PC and would rather it be built by someone with more experience. Any recommendations on companies that will ship a box that's ready to be plugged in and setup? I've heard good things about ibuypower.com, but that was several years ago now. Are they still good? Any others I should be shopping around at? 

I'm targeting something like the mid range build on the first page, leaving room in my budget for a couple new monitors as well. Ideally this system would be future proof for 2-3 years with the ability to upgrade the GPU and RAM down the road.

edit: I just played around at ibuypower.com customizing a build similar to the mid range spec in the first post and it came out about $500 over the listed price at pcpartpicker.com. Hmm... Maybe I'll build my own. I definitely don't need a box that looks like cyberpunk prop... 
  • PolyHertz
    Offline / Send Message
    @jStins I'd definitely recommend building it yourself, since (as you discovered in your edit) you'd be wasting a decent chunk of your budget by having someone else do it. There are tons of videos on youtube about building PCs if you get stuck.
  • beefaroni
    Offline / Send Message
    beefaroni sublime tool
    The NZXT BLD is going to get you pretty close. You'd have to buy another 16GB of ram and the CPU is the 2700x instead of the 3700x. Also will need another HDD.

https://www.letsbld.com/streaming-pc

If you want to upgrade in the future I believe you can install the 3900x into the B450 Tomahawk, upgrade RAM, and GPU.

• jStins
    Offline / Send Message
    jStins interpolator
    Thanks guys! My main concern is getting the processor and cooling seated appropriately on the motherboard. Maybe I'll look for some CPU / mobo / cooling combos that come pre-assembled and go from there. 

@PolyHertz Are there any YouTube channels you'd specifically recommend? 
  • m4dcow
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    jStins said:
    Thanks guys! My main concern is getting the processor and cooling seated appropriately on the motherboard. Maybe I'll look for some CPU / mobo / cooling combos that come pre-assembled and go from there. 
    Many cooler manufacturers have their own mounting add-ons for various sockets.
    Here is one from noctua
    https://youtu.be/OgRC6AzYhsY

In the old days when chips didn't have integrated heat spreaders or quick thermal shutdown it was very easy to mess things up.

Now there is little risk of physically damaging a chip, and with integrated heat spreaders and quick shutdown. You could start a computer with no cooling and it would just shut itself off before any meaningful damage was done.
  • Udjani
    Offline / Send Message
    Udjani interpolator
    Just a tip, if you decide to go with AMD and the stock cooler, they come with thermal paste pre installed already. Also the coolers are pretty good, just a bit louder than the ''premium'' ones from the reviews i saw. 
  • jStins
    Offline / Send Message
    jStins interpolator
    Any thoughts on this build? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RzNhjp

Mainly wondering about the cooler and monitors, but definitely interested in any other feedback. Thanks!
  • PolyHertz
    Offline / Send Message
    @jSttins For a build in that price range you should get at least 32GB of RAM, or preferably 64GB. I'd also recommend a cheaper motherboard, $300 for one is kind of overkill unless you really need some of its 'premium' features.
  • jStins
    Offline / Send Message
    jStins interpolator
    @PolyHertz Thanks for the feedback, that type of info is really helpful. I thought I had 32GB in the previous build, but misread it  :#

I bumped the RAM up to 32 GB and swapped the motherboard to a model that's about ~$100 cheaper. Any additional input or feedback?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KfQWrV

Edit: OK, I'm planning on going with this, but will think on it over the weekend before ordering next week. Any additional feedback is welcome. I'd especially appreciate any monitor recommendations (<$300/ea). Thanks again for all the help all.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tKw4Nq 
  • xblastradiusx
    Offline / Send Message
    xblastradiusx polycounter lvl 16
    Planning on get a new PC from Micro Center that is compatible with Substance painter and UE4 and will run well. Specifically Substance because I work at 4096 textures. Any suggestions for a base template to start from? Im not that knowledgeable when it comes to building PCs.
  • Obscura
    Offline / Send Message
    Planning on get a new PC from Micro Center that is compatible with Substance painter and UE4 and will run well. Specifically Substance because I work at 4096 textures. Any suggestions for a base template to start from? Im not that knowledgeable when it comes to building PCs.
    Budget?