Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

"Concept art " for a 3D model, i am going to make)

vertex
Offline / Send Message
Thessera vertex
Sry my drawing skills suck ass ..( but it should be good enough to see the design.,.)
BUT..
i wanted to show my OC ( original character) which i will create in 3D soon :)
i have drawn her in many styles, though i prefer semi realistic style.
(and i will most likely model her in that style)

NEWEST:  Concept for clothing ( semi realistic style) / : http://orig05.deviantart.net/99f7/f/2016/191/c/f/thessera_front_gggg_by_izanami_no_kami-da9hq44.png

Older Drawings of her:

A better wiew on how her horns looks like : http://pre02.deviantart.net/dcf8/th/pre/f/2016/181/1/4/thesser_agg_by_izanami_no_kami-da8acxc.png

Same character;  with Anime style and different clothing (rly old image ):
http://pre01.deviantart.net/b0b8/th/pre/f/2015/235/3/c/76yaob5_by_thessera-d96tqrz.png

*I would like feedback on the design :) 
and what you guys think of her

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    I think it would help if you embedded the images. In the post editing bar, look for the Attach Image button, looks like a bent piece of paper. Instructions here:
    http://polycount.com/discussion/63361/information-about-polycount-new-member-introductions/p1#make

Also the first image in your post is about 8mb. Use JPG and a smaller resolution, details why are in the link.
  • Leon_Raven
    Offline / Send Message
    Leon_Raven polycounter lvl 9
    Hey Thessera

The character has very interesting shapes, but what are those two black masses between her arms and her waist?? (Highlighted in red)

Are they also essential to the design? Because I think that the silhouette of the character is already pretty interesting, and having a more "thin" middle section might make her even more interesting

• Thessera
    Offline / Send Message
    Thessera vertex
    Hey Thessera

The character has very interesting shapes, but what are those two black masses between her arms and her waist?? (Highlighted in red)

Are they also essential to the design? Because I think that the silhouette of the character is already pretty interesting, and having a more "thin" middle section might make her even more interesting

It's a cape ,and it's not essential to the design..xD
    yeah, when you mention it she looks kinda "fat" w cape..
    but i added it to balance the "weight "..as the lower part was so "wide"
    maybe i could use the hair instead?
  • Leon_Raven
    Offline / Send Message
    Leon_Raven polycounter lvl 9
    Thessera said:

It's a cape xD

Now this is probably a matter of personal taste, but variation in the character shape makes it interesting. A balance can be also reached by alternating shapes. Right now the hair and the dress make the top and bottom of the figure fairly large, so maybe you can have a thinner shape in the middle. But again, this is more a matter of personal taste, there is no good or correct answer. However, if you want to keep the cape, make sure it follows the curvature of the shoulders a bit better :) 
  • Thessera
    Offline / Send Message
    Thessera vertex
    Thessera said:

It's a cape xD

Now this is probably a matter of personal taste, but variation in the character shape makes it interesting. A balance can be also reached by alternating shapes. Right now the hair and the dress make the top and bottom of the figure fairly large, so maybe you can have a thinner shape in the middle. But again, this is more a matter of personal taste, there is no good or correct answer. However, if you want to keep the cape, make sure it follows the curvature of the shoulders a bit better :) 
    i made the  cape narrow.. does it look better now?.. yeah ,
    though when i gonna model her..
    she wouldn't have that hair.. as i will make it more "realistic"
    and the clothing will be closer to the body when it's rigged xD