Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Old/Abandoned Asylum Environment (First UE4 Project-Looking for any input/Crit) :)

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
JeffRobbins polycounter lvl 7
Hi Guys

I recently quit my job in order to dedicate some time to improve and build my portfolio for applying for 2D/3D Games art related jobs over the next few months.  So I've decided to make an environment to learn how UE4 works and learn new techniques/pipelines etc along the way. 

Although it's not the most original idea I am currently working on a recently abandoned Mental Asylum environment (e.g Outlast), so I can improve on my skills in 3D modelling and texturing. I chose the Asylum idea as it will give me a wide range of interior and exterior props and environments to model and texture.

The exterior is inspired/modelled off the Kings Park Psychiatric Center in New York, I plan to have an small exterior and interior area detailed to extent of my abilities, I will also look into creating some game style elements (interactive objects, scripted animations etc) to make a short video to upload once the project is complete.

I'll post my progress in this thread as I go along, I am looking for any input/critique as I go along as I'm very new to this!

Wish me luck! :)

Replies