Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

[Video][Revshare] Looking for a 2D artist for a puzzle platformer game

Corwin271
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Corwin271 polycounter lvl 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UCFqKmbVAg

I started working on a puzzle platformer game in Unity some months ago, and now it got to the point where I actually need another person working with me to boost the development.

I waited until I had something consistent in my hands because I wanted to show that there is already a solid base for this game, and that, with your help, we can hopefully bring it to life.

The Game

The game is a 2D puzzle platformer with a story focused on time travel and parallel universes, which are the main game mechanics. The setting is both sci-fi and medieval, with knights and cyborgs, castles and spaceships. As previously said the main mechanics are time travel, with the possibility to tag some objects (main character included) as time independent and make them independent of time rewinding, and parallel universes crossing, defining an area on screen to see what is in another universe in the same position (there are 3 universes total) and solve the puzzle with elements not present in the current universe. Another mechanic involves locking the parallax background and bringing it in foreground to interact with it, and the elements it contains, but it at the earliest stages of development.

The main games that inspired this one in term of puzzle design and gameplay are The Swapper, Portal, and Braid of course. For this reason, this game will not be a long game, around an hour, to show the player the main concepts without iterating over and over the same puzzles with small variations.

Your contribute

I'm not just looking for someone I can ask for free 2D assets, but an equal partner in this project. Your main job will be of course to create the graphic assets, but you will also have to contribute in terms of gameplay mechanics, level design, and story, meaning we will take every decision together, and in the same way I will ask you for particular assets to fit my code, you will also ask me to develop the code to complement the graphic assets you will decide to make.

For what concerns the art style, I started with pixel art because it seemed the most simple and cheap style available, but I expect you to use your own style, and do everything from scratch (the graphics you see in the video, is placeholder), better, or worse than the style I presented, as long as everything is consistent and coherent with the atmosphere of the game.

The only thing I require in terms of knowledge from your part, is that you are capable of doing good art, if you know Unity and how to program, that is a plus but it is not required (altough it would be nice if you could at least learn how to navigate the interface so you can build and test levels yourself).

Goals

The objective is to bring this game to Steam first, and if it sells enough we could get the Playstation development kit to bring it also on consoles (and Xbox One when they will completely release the development kit, which should happen in a really short time).

We could also try Kickstarter before to release the game to get some funding but I am quite skeptical about it, anyway we will see.

I don't expect to get rich with this game, but who knows, worst case scenario we end up with something nice in our portfolio, and we will equally share the revenue.

If you think you have the skills and the time to dedicate to this project (I know you probably have a job or university course, but still you will have to free up some time on a daily basis), contact me at

projectparaverse@gmail.com

tell me something about yourself and send me also some links to show me what you are capable to do.