Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Erick Tjoe - ET Sketchbook

ericktjoe
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
ericktjoe polycounter lvl 4
Hi fellas. I'll be posting my latest artwork in this thread frequently. Enjoy.

LMT L2H Grenade Launcher

Replies

• ericktjoe
    Offline / Send Message
    Flir T75 Thermal Sight

• Nomad - Nicolas Pirot
    Offline / Send Message
    Nomad - Nicolas Pirot polycounter lvl 4
    Some cool looking work there Erick!

The materials look pretty good, but I reckon they could look better with more roughness contrast between materials.
    This mainly applies to the grenade launcher. Although there's clearly some smooth spots where the metal has chipped off, I personally feel like the roughness values of all non-damaged parts are very similar.

You've got some potentially really cool dirt on the stock there, but right now the difference in roughness is too subtle to catch the eye.

Nice work, keep it up.
  • ericktjoe
    Offline / Send Message
    Some cool looking work there Erick!

The materials look pretty good, but I reckon they could look better with more roughness contrast between materials.
    This mainly applies to the grenade launcher. Although there's clearly some smooth spots where the metal has chipped off, I personally feel like the roughness values of all non-damaged parts are very similar.

You've got some potentially really cool dirt on the stock there, but right now the difference in roughness is too subtle to catch the eye.

Nice work, keep it up.
    Thanks Nomad. Yeah I need to pay attention more to that.

L3 LWTS high poly render

• tda
    Offline / Send Message
    tda polycounter lvl 16
    Awesome highpoly work man, so clean. Bakes came out great too and the texture on the yellow sight, i dig. I would echo nomad's comments about adding some more material variation though. I was also going to say be wary of some of the extremely tight details and edges you have in your HP as they might not pick up too well in the bakes, but you don't seem to be having any problems there! Will be watching for more :)
  • ericktjoe
    Offline / Send Message
    tda said:
    Awesome highpoly work man, so clean. Bakes came out great too and the texture on the yellow sight, i dig. I would echo nomad's comments about adding some more material variation though. I was also going to say be wary of some of the extremely tight details and edges you have in your HP as they might not pick up too well in the bakes, but you don't seem to be having any problems there! Will be watching for more :)
    Thanks. I agree. I usually change my high poly edges depending on baking result and even removing problematic details. I'll post any update here. Nice characters work you have there tda.
  • ericktjoe
    Offline / Send Message
    Flir T60 AWTS High Poly

• Robert Berrier
    Offline / Send Message
    Robert Berrier polycounter lvl 10
    Very cool models!
    Are the hipoly models all subdiv work? They are so clean!
    Are you willing to share some of the hipoly wireframes?
  • ericktjoe
    Offline / Send Message
    Very cool models!
    Are the hipoly models all subdiv work? They are so clean!
    Are you willing to share some of the hipoly wireframes?
    Thanks. They're combination of zbrush+dynamesh and regular subdivision workflow. I might updated them with wireframe after I texture them. Stay tune :)

IRD Snipe-IR High Poly

I didn't use zbrush for this one, just regular subdivision.

• ericktjoe
    Offline / Send Message

Charon GL Thermal Sight High Poly

Thermal sight with rangefinder and grenade launcher sight mode. This is my last model for thermal sights set. I'll texture them and make them into in-game assets

• ericktjoe
    Offline / Send Message
    L3 LWTS (game-ready)

• ericktjoe
    Offline / Send Message
    Barrett M240LW

High poly render.