Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

[Maya] Filtering a specific channel name in the Graph Editor

Tzur_H
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Tzur_H polycounter lvl 9
Hi animators, is there a way to do this?  For example, lets say I have a bunch of Set Driven Keys channels that I've set on a hand controller, is there a way to filter the channels by their name?

Replies

• MiAlx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MiAlx polycounter lvl 10
    If you want filter by type, to show just set driven keys, you can do it this way:

You can even filter by "User Defined" and it will only show you custom attributes.
    If you want to filter by attribute name directly, the only way I know is this (I'd also be interested to see if there is a faster way):

You basically go to the filter by name box and type in objectname.attribute and then only that will be shown in the graph editor.

So if you have multiple attributes that are like drivenKeyX, drivenKeyY, drivenKeyZ, you can type in objectname.driven* and it will select all attributes of the object "objectname" that start with "driven". 

Hope that helped. 
  • Tzur_H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tzur_H polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks!  I'm looking for something closer to the 2nd option you wrote, where you just put the name in the search field, I wish you could just type "Test" and it will filter it, without the "objectname."  anyway, the 1st method you showed works well for now, so thanks again :]