Home General Discussion

Forum features wishlist

Replies

• jaスper
    Offline / Send Message
    jaスper polycounter lvl 2
    Can we have SSL/TLS? It's 2017, after all.
  • R3D
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    The the current word size options through the buttons is only header1, header2, could we get a regular size 10,12,14, etc option.

also a button to add quotes, like the <blockquote class="Quote"> stuff </blockquote> one.
  • pior
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Just wanted to chime in to mention that the removal of the super short anti spam timer for editing is greatly appreciated !! Editing posts is now possible without wasting time :) It's working as it should now, thanks.
  • pior
    Online / Send Message
    Regarding the ignore list : Could it be made into something more efficient ? At the moment it merely empties out the messages and fades out the avatar of the poster - which I think defeats the purpose almost entirely :/ Could it be made so that the posts/threads don't appear at all ?

(of course that sounds mean but hey, if the feature is here in the first place, might as well make it as solid as possible !)
  • Jakob Gavelli
    Offline / Send Message
    Jakob Gavelli interpolator
    The WAYWO type threads are feeling a bit weird with the page system. Maybe I'm paranoid after being the last post before a new page starts two times in a row. All that hard work just lost, and posting again to be visible feels like a dick move, it feels like people pounce with posting in the WAYWO thread when a new page is about to start? 

Maybe I'm being silly and maybe it doesnt' matter, just something that's been annoying me! ^^
    No idea how to fix it really, infinite scrolling? A page like the frontpage with just a bunch of pictures? Maybe this would turn polycount too much into Artstation? No idea, just food for thought!
  • Eric Chadwick
    "All that hard work just lost" seems rather extreme lol. 

Seems like you might have an expectation for waywo thats beyond the purpose and utility of these threads. They're just one of the many ways you can be using to share and promote your content. Not the only one.

Besides, everyone enters the thread from where they left off last. Not where you are personally. The "# latest" on the end of the thread url is a different location for each person, not always on the last page. Everyone sees every post, in other words.
  • Jakob Gavelli
    Offline / Send Message
    Jakob Gavelli interpolator
    Haha, yeah, might've been a bit extreme ^^
    Ah, cool, didn't know that was how it worked! So this was all in my head then, thanks :)
    Turns out I am paranoid 
  • KindachiShota
    Hey this looks cool :smile:
  • Klaudio2U
    Offline / Send Message
    Klaudio2U polycounter lvl 8
    Is there a way to somehow add shortcuts for assigning the color for the text in the post? 

I tend to use that a lot when people ask scripting related stuff but it's super tedious and lots of clicking to go on that "A" each time for color assign. 

Here it is an example how i usually add colors > http://polycount.com/discussion/185401/simple-mel-script

• Eric Chadwick
    Klaudio2U said:
    Is there a way to somehow add shortcuts for assigning the color for the text in the post? 

I tend to use that a lot when people ask scripting related stuff but it's super tedious and lots of clicking to go on that "A" each time for color assign. 

Here it is an example how i usually add colors > http://polycount.com/discussion/185401/simple-mel-script

Why not use the CODE block instead? Might not be exactly the colors you want, but it does have some syntax coloring, plus line numbers.

// get  the number of first sel vertice
    string $buffer1[];
    $numTokens1 = `tokenize $compSel[0] ".[]"$buffer1`;
    print $buffer1[$numTokens1 -1]; // print last item in array    // make number as int
        int $firstVert = $buffer1[$numTokens1 -1];
    // get number of second selected verticestring $buffer2[

• Klaudio2U
    Offline / Send Message
    Klaudio2U polycounter lvl 8
    Interesting. I could use that too instead since it gets the coloring mostly right. Thanks!

Suggestion for the CODE block then, if possible. Manually assigning the color to selected text in the CODE block would override its color while manually resetting the color of selected text it brings back CODE block default color. That would be handy to have.
  • zachagreg
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    I think it would be great to have a designated Marvelous Designer thread. I know their forums are not so designated for the game art/development community and it would be awesome to get the dedication that this community has in a structured space. I've seen that Marvelous is starting to gravitate more towards the game dev community with their website and their marketing so we could jump on and give a place for gaming use of the software.

Also as a side note I feel as the Polycount community is naturally very helpful in problem solving and learning so having that as another resource seems like a great thing.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Nice idea, thanks for posting. 

Not to diminish but to put in perspective, we get way more posts about Maya or Zbrush or Blender or etc. than we do for Marvelous. Yet we don't have dedicated sections for those.

We've resisted fracturing the community more than it is currently, simply because knowledge gets shared less when people are posting in more numerous and smaller sized rooms.

We removed C4D and CryEngine sections since their traffic was small, not worth the overhead and the divisions.

One thing we could do more of is ask people to add hashtags. #wishlist for example becomes a link which searches for "wishlist".
  • zachagreg
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    Yea I see where you're coming from with the divisions of community. Honestly up until I've never even seen a hashtag on the forum and didn't know they were a functionality. I'll definitely jump on the train and use them when possible. Is there a sticky somewhere that shows off hashtags?
  • pior
    Online / Send Message
    I could definitely see a point in having some sort of dedicated place for MD-related matters, as a few questions seem to come back regularly (how to flip a part, how to inflate/deflate seams, and so on).

Maybe this could be a good candidate for a sticky thread at the top of tech talk ?

Also : thread thumbnails ! 
  • Eric Chadwick
    Haha pior, luv u.

fyi, some movement on the backend to address larger things, hope to get to all these cool asks asap.

In the meantime, anyone knowledgeable on Marvelous Designer, pm me and I'll get you access to the wiki, if you want to contribute!
  • kiujikamiki
    Offline / Send Message
    kiujikamiki polycounter lvl 7
    Suggestion on making a  <3  <3Polycount Smartphone App <3  <3 for outdoor browsering!
    Is actually a little hard on reading stuffs via chrome/web browser via my phone ...

chrome/web browsering via phone
     :'( cons:
    1. constant auto-log out from the web browser
    2. unuser-friendly navigation on page (scrolling left to right in order to reach the menu tab at the top right corner)
    3. tabs aren't fitting into displayable size (also constant scrolling left to right)

I know it will be a big project to make an app, but i would still 
    sincerely make the suggestion.
    As the other 3D forums aren't doing so yet (Animation World Network, 80lv, CGSociety, 3DTotal, Cubebrush, except Gumroad)

It will be easier for all artists to communicate when they are not at home with their computer.
    Please consider making one, thank you
  • sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range

Been seeing this, over on BA.

https://www.blendernation.com/2022/02/27/blender-artists-supports-our-friends-in-ukraine/

Was thinking might be a nice visual addition for those interested, in a way of showing support.

• killnpc
    Offline / Send Message
    killnpc polycounter

i used to click the newest posts link all the time, really enjoyed viewing the board that way, is there still a public facing one that i'm just not finding?

• Eric Chadwick
  • Ruz
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666

magic money magnet?