Home Technical Talk

Speedtree in combination with baked foliages

mobpapst
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
mobpapst polycounter lvl 4
Hey guys,

i made twigs with leaves in 3 different variations in max and want to bring them into speedtree. my problem is that these twigs are baked with the leaves onto a plane. how can i place both in speedtree to get the baked result?

Replies

• Steppenwolf
    Offline / Send Message
    Steppenwolf polycounter lvl 15
    You can either import custom meshes for your leaf planes/crosses (fbx and obj should work if i'm not mistaken) or you import only the textures and create the leaf meshes directly inside speedtree by pressing the "Generate Mesh" button under the material.
  • PaulH
    Offline / Send Message
    PaulH polycounter lvl 7
    Just so you know - You can also arrange and generate your combined leaf textures in SpeedTree itself using their "Leaf Map Maker".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY5_K0Y0hAM

• mobpapst
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for your replies. my plan was to take my twig as mesh and the baked leaves as texture and place it in speedtree. when i see it right iam able to do this.

thanks so far. i will check it out these days and write here again if i need help :smiley:
  • mobpapst
    Offline / Send Message
    ok i started testing now and i got directly a problem. i loaded my custom branch into speedtree and this worked- first i get the msg which use shall my twig is going to get. i picked "decice later on" but i done differet approaches and used all combinations which are available. i created a trunk and branches. now i want to keep speedtrees trunk and lvl 1 branch for testing purpose and i wanted to replaces the 2nd level branch with my custom mesh. but it dont worked. it just happens nothing. it only works when i replace my custom branch with the leaves i could create in speedtree. what iam doing wrong?