Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Jordan Moss

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Mossbros polycounter lvl 9
I'm just starting this as I tend to not enjoy creating a new thread for every piece of artwork I make, and really need to start showing my work a bit more publicly as I'm a student and will be graduating next year. 
Pretty sure this area of the forum gets a bit overlooked but it's nice to have everything in one place without having it saged into oblivion.

Will post most of the stuff I did this year, and carry on from there rather than upload a backlog of rubbish looking things. 

Memories of Midgard project

I was lead on this small project and made all the foliage, props, chandelier, banners, and set dressing pieces. Craig Payne modelled some shop fronts and Chris Kabeya was in charge of general architecture and modelling. 

Wind In The Willows Asset

Golf Gti - Part of a hard surface assignment. 

Inception Corridor Scene in UE4

Firesight Racer Project

Onto the more recent things.

Jake Parker Robot Model

Modular Grenades

I'm currently juggling like 12 other small projects so I plan on updating this thread soon :smile:

Replies

• Mossbros
    Offline / Send Message
    Final render of this gun 

Concept Art by Wouter Kroon

Some closeups :)

• Mossbros
    Offline / Send Message
    Some work in progress stuff. 

I'm not a character artist and this is pretty much my first full body sculpt I will be doing, so any crit or advice would be great.
    The character is going to be a cosmonaut thats died while trying to transmit a SOS message.

I know it's done to death, but space stuff and russian technology during the cold war era has always facinated me.
    Teeth provided by Jerod Bogh

• PattyWhacker
    Offline / Send Message
    PattyWhacker polycounter lvl 8
    I like the Memories of Midgard and you Inception environments the most. I think your models look pretty solid. The biggest criticism I can say for models is that your model textures look too clean. For example that shockwave gun can use some edge wear and maybe some fine scratches.
  • Mossbros
    Offline / Send Message
    @PattyWhacker
    Thank you, yea I get told that quite often. I've made models in the past extremely dirty and battered but I always end up removing it. Guess I have an OCD for making models super clean lol. 
    I'll definitely try and make things more worn in the future, especially with this dead guy :)
  • Mossbros
    Offline / Send Message
    been a while
    marmoset 3 with its nice shadow catcher
  • Tomiajayi
    Offline / Send Message
    Tomiajayi polycounter lvl 2
    you absolutely must 3d print it and put a working lightbulb in!!
  • Mossbros
    Offline / Send Message
    Tomiajayi said:
    you absolutely must 3d print it and put a working lightbulb in!!
    I don't have personal access to a printer, but I would love to try something like that :D
  • Mossbros
    Offline / Send Message
    Some simple props I worked on for a university project. 

• Mossbros
  • Mossbros
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, it's been a whole 4 years... maybe its time to update this with some new stuff?
    A good comparison with time and learning to show improvement I'd say.

2018 Working at Splash Damage on Dirty Bomb 

A lot of the weapons had to fit a style of quite rounded and fat while still maintaining very low polycounts while working in UE3 :confounded:

This was for an unreleased character Ember but still managed to have all the content created for her, this was alongside Denis Melenets who did the character work.

Hunters Crossbow arm, made in collaboration with Denis Melenets, weapon had to fold into an arm of a character.

Hurtsall 2k a weapon for the Guardian character. 

Beckhill futuristic knife which was to be included as a nice little additional weapon for people

All the weaponskins overhaul that was done in the game also done by myself and Jon Murphey and Liz Du, if you are interested in viewing the models in game, there was an update video done for it here

Moving onto progression, during all this time I started working on more personal things in order to improve due to not meeting my goals in what I wanted to achieve at work. 
    This was my first foray into fusion 360 since I last used cad in 2008 (and that was solid works :scream:)

I started working on Outcasters with a bunch of other artists such as Thomas Oatley, Jack Mudge and Josh Grafton while at Splash Damage on characters ENV and props, it's not my thing entirely but was fun to mess with none the less. 

More working in fusion at home to explore its power and looking into some concept design work (which I had lost touch with over the years)

During this time I left Splash Damage and continued working on my conceptual skills as well as pushing fusion a bit more. 

And now we're caught up... 
  • Kanni3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d ngon master
    Phenomenal work! Especially loved the Dirty Bomb guns - used to play that a bunch back in the day. Have you done any of the other characters weapons in that game?
  • Mossbros
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d said:
    Phenomenal work! Especially loved the Dirty Bomb guns - used to play that a bunch back in the day. Have you done any of the other characters weapons in that game?
    Almost all of them I've touched in some way due to converting old assets to new PBR workflows, but didn't want to take credit away from the artists that created a lot of the raw content.
    Unfortunately a lot won't be seen due to being cut content for premium skin swaps.
    One that I don't have a picture of which did get in was hunters little scorpion looking gun too 'Ryburn'.
    DB suffered a painful fate of low player count but there was a lot of future content that will never be seen. Ember is one of the few we were allowed to show.
    Ben Garnel did a lot of the base work for legacy weapons.