Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

AWP Replicant

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
danidem polycounter lvl 11
Last WIP

Hey everyone! It feels great to join another Valve x Polycount contest, so far I see a good number of great designs!

For my first entry I'll work on the AWP which it's one of my favorite guns in the game, it also matches what I need for what I want to do. It's going to be inspired from the world of one of my favorite movies from the 80s, Blade Runner.

I like the idea of the "Replicants" (hence the name of the weapon). All over the movie the eyes are a key element (eyes are a way to tell if somebody is human or a replicant) like in the scene with the owl. The owl ain't natural, it's artificial: his eyes are proof of that, that scene burnt in my memory - the characters talk about how valuable it is (owls in real life are extinct). 

I also like a lot the ambient of the city with that blue-ish smoke/fog all over the place and the elements within it (the art deco and neons lights shaped in various ways: letters, logos, symbols... ). Instead of just taking design elements from characters, props and other elements I also want to capture that ambient, to resemble the feeling of that city and the ideas in the movie.

References:

I find the connection between the AWP and the theme of the eye is "two of a kind", as the AWP is a sniper weapon.

First to see how can I make the best out of the weapon I did a breakdown of the AWP to see how it works in game.

Replies