Home Adobe Substance

If I Wanted Little Sea Shells In My Substance, How Would I Do That?

allengingrich
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
allengingrich polycounter lvl 2
I tried useing a transparent PNG with a shell and tiled it randomly, but it doesn't observe the transparency. How would I accomplish something like this?

Thanks!

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Using the tile sampler or splatter node should respect transparency, make sure you set the background to transparent in the filter, it may be black by default.
  • allengingrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc said:
    Using the tile sampler or splatter node should respect transparency, make sure you set the background to transparent in the filter, it may be black by default.
    Thank you for answering. The splatter node seems to respect transparency, but it also forces the image to be grayscale -- any idea why? I'm having some luck with the Make It Tile Patch -- anything else you recommend?
  • Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    The tile sampler node will keep the alpha channel for sure and has tons of options for the splatting. Like the splatter, it has both a greyscale and a color version.
  • allengingrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc said:
    The tile sampler node will keep the alpha channel for sure and has tons of options for the splatting. Like the splatter, it has both a greyscale and a color version.
    This works great! Thanks so much.