Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Male Bust Anatomy Study

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Sense42 polycounter lvl 6
Hello everyone. First time posting here, in need of your help. Doing some anatomy study/sculpting. Here's a rough male bust I sculpted last night. I would be glad to hear from you how it's going so far and what I can improve before refining it. Comment are welcome. Don't be shy and give me you advice and critics to improve myself.
Thanks for your time.

Replies

• Tectonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tectonic polycounter lvl 10
    I'm not a master at anatomy, but this is a pretty solid start. I'd say you're 80% there, keep practicing, make sure to always work from reference. Try doing the torso in different positions (flexed forward, backward, twisting sideways, asymmetrical poses), it will help you better understand the way the muscles flex and move. Looks like you're on the right path, just gotta get that repetition in :)
  • Sense42
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you Tectonic. Yes, I'm using a lot of references. I will do poses as well as you suggested.
  • Sense42
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here we go again. I think I will call it finished by now. Here it's the result. Comments and critics are always welcomed. Please let me now what you think about it, or if there is something wrong/improvable.