Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cyborg Character(Crits please)

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
baconboltz polycounter lvl 5

Alright since i have time to finally post since classes are over and summer has started, might aswell start with this guy here. Would love some crits. Plus I'm bad at updating my sketchbook so I'm gonna try to at least do one new thing a day, then post it even if its finished or not, probably not.

Replies

• lamb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lamb polycounter lvl 7
    Hey. What I would suggest to do first is look at character design sheets from other games/movies. Presentation is very important. Even in the thumbnailing rough stage the art needs to have a definitive purpose (graphic read/form/backstory/character). So for this particular piece I suggest working on this aspect. Is the silhouette interesting? Is the design interesting? You could try leveling him up (imagine what he would look like as a level 3 character - yours is a level 1) Imagine what he does and how he doest it. This can present to you new design choices. The other step is form and values. Now they are more ot less all over the place. I suggest you try working with light and shadow. Lay down one value for a material and keep the shadow value consistent throughout the whole piece. The character will immediately read much better.
  • baconboltz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    baconboltz polycounter lvl 5
    thanks for the info lamb I never really thought about that :)