Home Technical Talk

FBX animation from 3ds Max jitter

tnk158
null
Offline / Send Message
tnk158 null

Hello,

I'm having an issue with some jittering animation on a number of FBX files I've exported from 3ds Max.

I have exported the animation from 3ds max 2016 using the character studio rig that somehow inherits a jitter on the characters arm when it is exported as and FBX. To be exact it picks up a bunch of noise on the rotation of the right clavicle. The Jitter is not present in Max but will appear on the exported FBX when imported back into max or Unity.

The animation was made with the bipeds right hand using an object in the scene as it's IK target. This hasn't caused issues on other animations with the same rig but seems to be related to the cause here. I have tried getting rid of that by retargeting the arm to the world but with no luck. I have also tried removing the IK and setting all the key to free keys, again no joy. 

In fact I tried deleting all the animation on the right arm so that it had no keys and was in it's default position from the T pose and the arm still jitters.

I'm not a technical animator so I've quickly exhausted all the fixes and workarounds I can think of. I've tried loading it onto a new rig, baking out the animation before exporting, getting rid of any planted or sliding keys but there seems to be no obvious way of getting rid of it.

If anyone has any ideas or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Replies