Home Technical Talk

Mari Keeping Texture Patterns Aligned

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Three65 polycounter lvl 6
Not sure if this can be done or not, but I am looking for a way in Mari to keep a tileable geometric pattern aligned across my geometry. I have tried using a procedural texture layer, however since my UVs are not all facing the same direction the pattern does not align across the geometry. Does anyone know if its possible to do something like a procedural texture with a geometric pattern and be able to keep the flow of the pattern across the geometry? 

Replies

• artquest
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artquest polycounter lvl 13
    Three65 said:
    Not sure if this can be done or not, but I am looking for a way in Mari to keep a tileable geometric pattern aligned across my geometry. I have tried using a procedural texture layer, however since my UVs are not all facing the same direction the pattern does not align across the geometry. Does anyone know if its possible to do something like a procedural texture with a geometric pattern and be able to keep the flow of the pattern across the geometry? 
    Totally depends on your asset. Use the tri-planar node to do what you're talking about in most cases. But for things like clothing and specific anisotropic grain direction you will need to re position your UVs. (we always make sure to properly align the uv shells for both orientation and scale in production for vfx)
  • Three65
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Three65 polycounter lvl 6
    Hey Artquest, thanks for the reply. I was afraid that was the case.