Home Unreal Engine

Unreal4 light bleeding issue

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Nathan3D polycounter lvl 7
hey so ive been reading around and tried a bunch of stuff to fix this but cant get it too work, my lightmaps are snapped to the grid with about 3 to 4 padding and i have tried to up the lightmap res
the floor mesh in the image has a 2048 res lightmap and it still isnt fixing it the wall piece in the middle has a 1024 and the piece on the right has a 1024 and nothing, the wall on the left in the first image is the only one i have been able to fix by upping the lightmap res
any tips on how to get rid of this?

Replies

• leleuxart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    Are the meshes all one sided planes or have any open faces that aren't visible? 
  • Nathan3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @leleuxart
    yea they are one sided but i have double sided ticked in the mesh properties. I have also tried adding a shell modifier to give thickness to everything and i still get the light bleed 
  • Nathan3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so i managed to fix it, so i thought id post this incase anybody else has the problem, some of my meshes where outside the walls and so light was hitting that part and then bleeding in no matter how high res my lightmaps where so i had to thicken them even more than i thought so that the extra part of the mesh that isnt in the scene would intersect with each other. it appears when i thickened the meshes like i said i did above it wasnt enough to just thicken them they need to be thick enough to cover the edges of the mesh thats on its side. i hope that all makes sense.