Home Technical Talk

3ds max 2017 Unwrap Edge Selection Color Change

vertex
Offline / Send Message
kasigawa vertex
Hello all. Kazuya here. I just got 3ds max 2017. I transferred a model I have been working on for a while to the new version. Unfortunately there has been some major interface changes. The interface change that has stopped my workflow completely and created a great inconvenience is the unwrap's edge selection. I was wondering if anyone knew how to change the color of an unwrap edge selection. The selection color by default is white. Unfortunately, the wireframe object selection is also white. I know you can change the color at Customize> Customize User Interface> Colors ... It's here where I've been trying for hours to figure it out. I can't seem to find it in the manual nor in any google searches. Anyone willing to help out?

Replies

• spacefrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacefrog polycounter lvl 15
    You can change the UVWUnwrap  selection colors in the preferences dialog of the UVW Editor (  Options->Preferences... )
  • kasigawa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kasigawa vertex
    It's most unfortunate I've already tried this also with no result. It changed items in the unwrap editor. Nonetheless, thank you for the reply. 
  • spacefrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Could you be more specific what color exactly you want to change ?
    I assumed that you exactly meant the colors of selected edges in the UVW Editor
    You mean those in the viewport ? This color should be the same as the general  selected subobject color ( red by default )
  • kasigawa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kasigawa vertex
    Sure, I was hoping to change the color of the line in the viewport.
    I also thought it was red by default, but it's white instead. I'm convinced it must be a bug.
    I don't believe 3ds max 2017 is a solid build; therefore, I'll probably have to wait for their next update. 
  • spacefrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kasigawa said:
    Sure, I was hoping to change the color of the line in the viewport.
    I also thought it was red by default, but it's white instead. I'm convinced it must be a bug.
    I don't believe 3ds max 2017 is a solid build; therefore, I'll probably have to wait for their next update. 
    I have no problems with my selected UV edges being displayed in the viewport correctly ( red in my case )
  • kasigawa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kasigawa vertex
    It's got to be my PC then, I'm not sure what's wrong with it. :T
    I'm working off of 3ds max 2016 instead. 
  • zaidoigres
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zaidoigres polycounter lvl 10
    kasigawa said:
    Hello all. Kazuya here. I just got 3ds max 2017. I transferred a model I have been working on for a while to the new version. Unfortunately there has been some major interface changes. The interface change that has stopped my workflow completely and created a great inconvenience is the unwrap's edge selection. I was wondering if anyone knew how to change the color of an unwrap edge selection. The selection color by default is white. Unfortunately, the wireframe object selection is also white. I know you can change the color at Customize> Customize User Interface> Colors ... It's here where I've been trying for hours to figure it out. I can't seem to find it in the manual nor in any google searches. Anyone willing to help out?
    I was having the same issue. Try to select THIN instead of THICK under Configure>Display. With that option the colors are displayed the way they used to be. Hope it helps.