Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Critique

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Deforges polycounter lvl 11
https://www.artstation.com/artist/jsh75

Hey guys, I'd appreciate any comments on how to best strengthen my portfolio. Personally, I think I am lacking a piece that demonstrates advanced modeling techniques but other than that I'm a little lost. I would like the next few pieces I make to be what people are looking for in an employable artist.

I've always thought there was some kind of knowledge gap between someone like myself and someone in the industry. But now I'm starting to see it more as an effort/time gap. That's why it's important to me to make sure my next project will be worth the time I am willing to put into it.

Thanks!

Replies

• Meloncov
    Offline / Send Message
    Meloncov greentooth
    You have some good modeling on some pieces, and good texturing on others, but you really don't have both on the same piece right now. The tiling material practice and the Ak47 look much better than the textures on any of the objects you modeled.

Also, what sort of jobs are you planning on applying to? If you're going for environment artist positions, not having any actual environments is going to be a problem.

Finally, for a portfolio, you have way too much stuff you yourself identify as unfinished or a quick exercise.