Home Adobe Substance

Updating Mesh Makes The Textures Shift. Help?

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pixel_Fire polycounter lvl 4
Hello Everyone

I am currently working on a flintlock and I was working on it in an exploded mesh to keep all the bits apart from each other and so that I can see the pieces better just by themselves. When I update the mesh to a complete (closed) mesh, the textures look fine BEFORE the program works it's computing magic.

The above images are the exploded meshes current textures and UV's

Here is what the gun looks like before Substance works its computing magic. This is how I want it to be. But..

This is what I get after the computing. Definitely not ideal.

Now, what I can do is take all the textures and import it to Marmoset and it looks fine (needs more tweaks), but I wanted some good renders in the Substance Painter render tab THEN import to Marmoset for the viewer. Is there a way to stop Substance from doing whatever it's doing so I can keep the proper placement of textures?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Substance painter saves its data in 3D in world space to keep everything non destructive. That means that when you reimport your mesh, it tries to paint where your exploded mesh was before the reimport, it has no way to know where those pieces have moved. This is not something that can be avoided at the moment.