Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Summoning Animation

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
HeyGafilimore polycounter lvl 4
Hey all! Moving along with this animation and I'd appreciate any comments/critiques on it! Much appreciated

Replies

• pmiller001
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    Its pretty cool!. I think when he's coming out of the ground his limbs should make like a quick snap or something. Right now he's coming out pretty smooth, as if he's coming out of very loose sand, which may be what he's very well doing. haha. 
  • PeteHawk
    Offline / Send Message
    PeteHawk polycounter lvl 12
    Good so far. My biggest crit would be to watch the big guys weight more. He pops out of the ground fairly quickly and also hammers the little guy with his fist much too fast. The ending you have good weight.
  • KielFiggins
    Offline / Send Message
    KielFiggins polycounter lvl 7
    Fun stuff, summoning is one of my favourite animations to do.  I'd take out some of the motion on the spell caster, since he seems active the entire time.  Perhaps simplifying his overall body motion, while focusing more on the arm swirls would draw more attention to the book/staff.  Also, his very first pose, the legs feel spread overly wide, which make his body raising up feel awkward while the feet feel magnetized.

All and all, great stuff, looking forward to see this pushed further.
  • HeyGafilimore
    Offline / Send Message
    HeyGafilimore polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks for the feedback! I've heard similar comments, mostly towards the summoner so I've been working on him. I'll be sure to take a look at the big guy, I have a few ideas for him as well :)