Home Technical Talk

Marvelous Designer: Device does not support vertex buffering

quad damage
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
kanga quad damage
Hi Got the warning shown in the title. Googled the crap out of the problem but am non the wiser really. Anyone have issues with this? I just got a new rig and the onboard graphics card is an Intel HD Graphics 4600. I have no experience with these as I have always used NVIDIA.

Replies

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Must be your on board gpu. Did you check the spec requirements on the MD site?
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Thanks MUSASHIDAN. Yeah they recommend NVIDIA cards at a minimum of 4Gig. More searching says my Intel HD Graphics 4600 is a strange beast and shares Ram instead of using dedicated capacity, which seems to be a bit of a disadvantage somehow. Well I will just see how it goes and get a dedicated gpu if things break. Just thought I would ask if anyone else had a similar experience.
    Thanks for your reply
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    your graphics is integrated, part of the CPU. not exactly workstation-class nor a big shader pusher but should do ok for simple shaded 3D. the error simply means that some form of hardware acceleration will not be available. if that speeds up sim calculations or just boosts the framerate in the viewport is anyone's guess.
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Thanks THOMASP.
    That clears that up. Will keep an eye on it.
    Cheerio
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    kanga said:
    Thanks MUSASHIDAN. Yeah they recommend NVIDIA cards at a minimum of 4Gig. More searching says my Intel HD Graphics 4600 is a strange beast and shares Ram instead of using dedicated capacity, which seems to be a bit of a disadvantage somehow. Well I will just see how it goes and get a dedicated gpu if things break. Just thought I would ask if anyone else had a similar experience.
    Thanks for your reply
    Yeah mate, I thought that might be the case. I think on-board GPUs generally just don't cut the mustard when it comes to most modern graphics-intensive applications. Even a low-mid range GeForce would be more suitable.