Home Dota 2

BladeofAvilliva's Workshop

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
BladeofAvilliva polycounter lvl 3

My name's Matt Cristello and I specialize in
Skywrath Mage conceptual design and texture painting, working collaboratively with various talented 3d sculptors and the occasional 2d artist. I'll be posting finished works below, I hope you enjoy!

Accepted Works:

Mei Nei the Jade Rabbit

Crested Dawn

Crested Umbra

Moonshard Overgrowth

Franglerfish Ward

Replies

• Haftoof
    Offline / Send Message
    Haftoof polycounter lvl 4
    Beautiful vibrant work <3
  • BladeofAvilliva
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you Haftoof!
     Below is a post from last year, still proud of it so I figured I'd post it here too.
    IT'S FINALLY DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ahem okay so a years worth of work has come to a close, and I'm super excited to be able to share it with everyone.

Here's our beautiful baby with modeling and marketing by Belkun, texturing by Arty, custom animatons for the wings and sword as well as movie animations and effects by H a y e s, particles by Cory de la Torre, and
    illustration, story, concept, loading screen, and ability icons by Me. Click the gif and you'll be taken to the collection page for the set.

aH4ZWv1gif

This is the first loadingscreen I've ever done from scratch, the only models used were the wings and sword which got painted over anyway haha. Click the image to see the animated 4 minute video written and illustrated by me, and with animations and effects by h a y e s.

yEtpNKAjpg

Below is one of 25 panels for the animated movie, click the image and it'll take you to an imgur album with all of the illustrations.

HYdEtlZjpg

Here's my ability icons for the set, now with 50% moar bloom:

GUIebskjpg

And here's the animations and particles in game:

g9dWSRWgif

It's been a really crazy few weeks, and everyone has been super dedicated and hard working to seeing this set to fruition. Extra big shoutout to H a y e s for the extensive animation work for the wings, sword, and the entire animated movie. It's been amazing working with everyone, thank you so much for working on this so hard you're the best.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy!
  • BladeofAvilliva
    Offline / Send Message

Finished a Faceless Void set with the modeler extraordinaire Belkun with additional skinning by H a y e s
    Click the loading screen below to check out the workshop submission.

• BladeofAvilliva
    Offline / Send Message
    model
    Here's the sketchfab link as well
  • BladeofAvilliva
    Offline / Send Message
    What an exciting project! I got to work alongside the extremely talented sculptor/animator/wizard T_Vidotto and the Skywrath loving TI5 champion the one and only AUI_2000! Click the logo below to see the set on the workshop!

Here's the awesome SFM video that T_Vidotto made showcasing the set and all its bells and whistles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMyEbPKhb9U

First time making an animated loading screen, was a lot of fun! Click the Loading Screen below to see the HQ static painted version:

Some new ability icons I painted for the set:

Stay tuned for the alternate color!
  • BladeofAvilliva
    Offline / Send Message
    model
    Finished Nyctasha's Lament, a set for Bane! Made in collaboration with awesome Hawf and FudgieWudgie .

I painted and animated another loading screen, had a lot of fun with making it nightmare fuel. Click the gif below to check out the set on the workshop and give it a vote!

Here's a shot of the set at night, where it really shines.

In addition to the set, FudgieWudgie designed a shirt to go along with it! Check it out by clicking the image below.

• darkkyo
    Offline / Send Message
    darkkyo polycounter lvl 6
    Absolutely adore the set! But did you really come up with the name on your own? I posted that exact set name in my thread about two weeks ago...
  • BladeofAvilliva
    Offline / Send Message
    Ahhhh thank you! And wow I just checked your thread and that's an awful coincidence. I was rapidly throwing around names with Nyctasha+verb last night (mad libs with set names) and that's the one we agreed would sound the coolest (also a shoutout to Midna's Lament since Twilight Princess served as the basis of our inspiration for the set). Great minds think alike I guess!
  • darkkyo
    Offline / Send Message
    darkkyo polycounter lvl 6
    Ahhhh thank you! And wow I just checked your thread and that's an awful coincidence. I was rapidly throwing around names with Nyctasha+verb last night (mad libs with set names) and that's the one we agreed would sound the coolest (also a shoutout to Midna's Lament since Twilight Princess served as the basis of our inspiration for the set). Great minds think alike I guess!
    Hah, that's cool. I didn't imagine there was anything sinister of course, just a coincidence. And I too had Midna's Lament in the back of my mind!

Ah well, guess I'll have to think of something else when I finish my set lest the workshop public think I'm some kind of a thief.. anyways, nice job and good luck!