Home Technical Talk

blender Cycles-Render region??

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
melviso polycounter lvl 10
Does anyone know how to keep or retain the previous render in the image editor while re-rendering a region in Blender cycles? Whenever I select a part of my image using shift B, the previous render is completely erased and the new rendered region becomes the new image.
It would be awesome if you can see the changes you make in the rendered region with the whole image or previous part of the rendered result and compare them.

Replies

• JedTheKrampus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JedTheKrampus polycounter lvl 8
    It's not really the same but the number keys 1-8 swap between the different render slots in the image editor. You can use this to quickly compare different renders (and different regions of renders.)
  • MmAaXx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MmAaXx polycounter lvl 10
    yeah, its something really basic that is actually missing.
  • melviso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    melviso polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks zedthekrampus. But like you said, it isn't the same thing. Would be very useful if this was implemented rather than having to re-render the whole image to see the whole composition and changes made.

@mmaaxx Yes, I will probably have to try and draw their attention for the need to have this in Blender cycles on their forums. The other time, I had to mention how important light linking is. This is absent in Cycles. They are always focusing on all the big stuffs and forgetting how important this basic features are.