Home Adobe Substance

Substance Painter 2 suggestions

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
Hey guys so i recently upgraded to substance painter 2 and really like the added features . some stuff is making my time painting a bit awkward.

-The symmetry plane is visible at all time, while i do want it on i don`t want to see the symmetry plane while i paint.

-The symmetry plane cant be moved, some added functionality to move and reset this plane would be nice

-there are no floating sliders, i`d like to be able to separate out sliders into the ui , especially size and flow are values i tweak a lot while painting so it would be nice if i could have those sliders floating 

- Separate preview for 3d and 2d views, while i`d like to have the full material shown in 3d view and just the albedo or any other flat map in the 2d view

- solo map + normals toggle? sometimes i want to see my albedo without spec or gloss but with normals. i can always do a fill ontop and black those out to preview it that way but having a function to actually show the normals in a solomode would be nice

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Hey there,

The symmetry plane can now be deactivated (the button just next to the symmetry switch button in the toolbar).

Moving the symmetry plane is on our list indeed.

No floating sliders at the moment but you can modify flow and size through Ctrl+Click + Horizontal drag (right click for size, left click for flow).

Noted your other remarks :)
  • leslievdb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
    awesome thanks for the info, must have missed that sym button!