Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Corpse Borgs

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Stinkhorse polycounter lvl 12
Been drawing a bunch of fleshy robots for a while now, it's actually growing into a fun world building project. I've got a second skin treatment I want to try on this turn around before I jump into color.

Replies

• miguelnarayan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    miguelnarayan polycounter lvl 8
    The legs look a bit too skiny, like he'd fall off with the slightest push, however my comment may be conditioned by me not know the purpose of the character and it's story, maybe it's meant to be like that, but that's just the idea it passes to me, that he is fragile, specially on the feet, the pelvis starts off already a bit skinny, then runs down along the 'bones' even skinnier and the feet look the most fragile of it all, ence I think it lacks that sort of weight balance, from an outsider view anyway.
    The line work however I really liked, it made me think about the drawings from fighting fantasy books.
  • Stinkhorse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinkhorse polycounter lvl 12
    Thanks Miguelnarayan. The body is supposed to feel skeletal and fragile, but I could add on a few more centimeters of material onto the thighs. It would give it a bit more weight without losing that lightweight appearance. As for the feet... well I like characters with silly-tiny feet, and I'm a fan of spring based running prosthetics.

I'm working on the 2nd rev right now to see if I can match another look I'm after. I'll punch the legs up a bit then.

I hadn't heard of Fighting Fantasy before, but after looking them up I see what you're referencing. I've been told my style resonates with the black and white pieces of early D&D, so that's absolutely a compliment, thank you.
  • miguelnarayan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    miguelnarayan polycounter lvl 8
    It is a compliment, and do question my critic on the character anatomy, I don't know as much about him as you do and maybe it makes sense that he looks the way he does, anyway I still had to say my thought, maybe it could help and it'd make sense!
    I used to read and play fighting fantasy when I was kid, it's a compliment, hehe.
    A teacher of mine always told me, your design is what you want it to be!