Home General Discussion

S2Engine-New Game Engine

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Demonith polycounter lvl 6
http://www.s2powered.com/copiasito/

Well i can say its better then Lumberyard :)

Replies

• Fuiosg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuiosg polycounter lvl 5
    the auto playing dubstep is killing my enthusiasm.
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    well, that was annoying. 
    Looks like another take on unity/ue4 to me, not seeing anything either of those cant do.
    Always good to have more options, but i wanna see something specific that would give me reason to learn a whole new engine
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Very annoy autoplay music, poorly done website, unprofessional writing/text on the website. Seems to be made mostly by 1 guy, only 3 released games, that I've never heard of, and that don't look very good (and have really poor metacritic reviews).  

Yeah definitely not trying this engine and not expecting it to go anywhere. 
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    holy shit who thought the music was a good idea? I'm interested in seeing but that was a bit much, hah
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    It's not particularly new. I remember downloading it last year or so. Maybe it's considerably more polished now, but back then, I had trouble getting into it.
  • Demonith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Demonith polycounter lvl 6
    Its not gona be free thay say its going to be on steam for 20$ fill engine
  • radiancef0rge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    radiancef0rge ngon master
    How/where is this better than lumberyard?
  • Tekoppar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tekoppar polycounter lvl 10
    One cool feature is that it looked like a model with several pieces were individually snapped instead of being snapped as one model. UE4 does not support this (unless I've missed another feature yet again).

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    You could do that with Blueprints. 
  • Tekoppar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tekoppar polycounter lvl 10
    ZacD said:
    You could do that with Blueprints. 

You can modify a mesh with blueprints? Also the performance is quite bad when you get loads of stuff doing that, I tried randomizing the scale/rotation of some meshes before so each level would look semi unique for each play trough and the editor would freeze for a few seconds at the start due to that.
  • Blond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond polycounter lvl 9
    Honestly, nothing really struck me on this. UE4 and Unity will stay at the top of the game for a long time it seems.

Personally, the UI, the functionality and the menus seems inviting and User-friendly (much more than CryEngine for example), I especially like the auto-snap object placement and the nice terrain editing features. Though, yeh, it doesn't really seems special at all.

With the most recent LumberYard and Cry Engine being free, alot more competition is going down on this market.
    I had to mute the video right away though.

Also, as a guy with lots of programming friend, they need to stop with promoting node-based game logic and scripts (aka Blueprint and etc.). Visual programming is nice for some stuff, but a game can't run entirely on this, most programmers will prefer to stick to real text and line coding (afaik).