Home Adobe Substance

Basic Multiply against a bitmap?

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
stimpack polycounter lvl 10
Hi guys, I posted over on the proper substance forums but got no response. So ill ask you guys =)

As attached image shows. I am simply trying to overdrive bitmaps w/ multiply node and a constant driving it. I do this very often in unreal, but i cannot seem to replicate this workflow in substance. Can someone help me out here please? I feel like I should be able to overdrive the blend node set to multiply but it doesnt want to go over 1.

help please!

Replies

• Fabian Fischer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabian Fischer polycounter lvl 8
    Hey Stimpack,

you've asked this questions on the Allegorithmic forums, as well, right?
    I'm not sure if this is Substance related or a question for unreal, though. Can you specify that a bit better?

Best Regards
  • Nexinumbra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nexinumbra polycounter lvl 12
    Hey Stimpack,

you've asked this questions on the Allegorithmic forums, as well, right?
    I'm not sure if this is Substance related or a question for unreal, though. Can you specify that a bit better?

Best Regards
    If I understand him right, I think what he wants to do is to achieve in SD what he is showing in that screenshot, which is in UE4. I use UE as well and when you multiply like that you can achieve higher-than-1 values, which is how you, for example, make an emissive in UE that will bloom (by multiplying it over a value of 1). 

• Fabian Fischer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabian Fischer polycounter lvl 8
    Hey guys,

thanks for trying to explain that. Unfortunately, you can't 'Overdrive' Substance, like the Unreal Engine does. You're stuck in the bounds between zero and one, actually.

Best Regards
  • NicolasW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NicolasW polycounter lvl 13
    SD does not support 32b floating point yet.