Home Technical Talk

Request for a 3dsmax to zbrush Workflow Pipeline Tutorial

vertex
Offline / Send Message
kasigawa vertex

Hello everyone. I was wondering if there was an in-depth written or video tutorial on an asset pipeline from 3dsmax to zbrush (including xNormal). I found some video tutorials on digital tutors but have no access to them because of having to pay for a monthly subscription (also a demo account doesn’t let me see them). I am on a shoestring budget. Sadly, I can’t even pay for a monthly subscription at the moment or for even a while because everything is so tight. Eventually, I’m looking to get a job in the game industry. My portfolio looks terrible and I was wondering if I can find a way to make a solid workflow pipeline using programs I am most familiar with so I can practice it repeatedly and grow efficient and comfortable at a work flow process that will allow me to harness and improve my skills and be able to get out there in the industry and make a better life for myself.

A good overview tutorial of the pipeline I found is from Syncviews on this forum page, but it’s nothing in detail. You can find the page here if it’ll help anyone: http://polycount.com/discussion/69181/max-zbrush-workflow Moving on, I was wondering if anyone could present me with a complete written or video tutorial that describes this pipeline in great detail. More specifically, including when and how to make the diffuse map and maybe other maps required by game production. I will be eternally grateful if anyone can help me out. Thank you.