Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ogre bust - Looking for some feedback

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
JoseGR polycounter lvl 5
Hi everyone! Keep working on my portfolio. This is my last piece, an ogre based on a Marthin Agusta's tutorial I saw. It's been a nice exercise and had a lot of fun with it, digging in Zbrush. I would like to know what you think about it, if you like it (or hate it :wink: ), what you think I should improve and so on.

I will do the retopology this week if I'm not so busy

Thanks! :smile: 

Replies

• revois
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    revois vertex
    I just saw this on ArtStation! Looks really nice man, I dig it. I especially like the skin alphas you've used, it's nice little details like that which pull it all together (:
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    The eye area could do with more attention. The eyeballs look like they could just fall out :smile: Tighten up the lids so they hug the eyeball, wrap around them. Also, try to show more seperation between the upper lid and the brow. Right now it looks like there isn't enough skin there to close the eye. The symmetry on your microdetail is very obvious. You should always turn off symmetry when doing this kind of detail, especially in the centre. The lips could also do with some love. I even know what alpha you used here. Don't just rely on dragrect-alphas everywhere and calling it finished. You should always go in and manually sculpt over it.
  • JoseGR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JoseGR polycounter lvl 5
    @revois glad that you like it! I saw your modular rock, it looks really nice :smile:

@musashidan You're right. Eyes and lips are my weak spot at the moment. I'll do some anatomy exercises these days in my spare time, trying to get the hang of them. Thanks!