Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dwarf Mines - dev thread

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
rollin polycounter
Hey!
I think it's time now to create a thread for this project. Around two years ago I decided to start development on a bigger game project compared to my first released iOS game. I've been working on it in my spare time since then but most effort was put into non art related tasks. As the project progresses I'm more and more able to work on 3d assets now which I really enjoy.

To those who are interested in the complete dev-talk there's my blog @ www.rollinsforge.com

For me it's super fun to create assets which directly end up in-game. The above gif shows a helmet featuring an additional illuminant slot where different light types can be attached.

All character props currently use an extended version of the unity standard shader. After I had written different shader myself this turned out to be the best solution in terms of compatibility. I use a compound map to store up to four additional maps. By default I use metallic, smoothness, sss and ao information.

All textures are around 256x256 px or 512x256 px. Polycounts vary between 1700 for the hand mortar, 430 for the belt bag, 200 for the axe and 150 for the helmet.

cheers