Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I'm asking for advice learning 3d graphics and hand painting.

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
universe polycounter lvl 8
Hello ,I'm into 3d modeling and sculpting for something about a year.I'm using blender. I watch many video tutorials etc. and I practise it but I think that it's all gone wrong,so I'm looking for advice.

Last week , I've been trying to learn hand painting . Maybe it isnt as bad as it could but i don't like it. In all tutorials people have nice smooth colors but i can't do it . U can see it there at 20 minute - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7ALfRw6I5I . If someone could explain it for me I'd be happy.I pin here a hand-painted sword and a brick texture and my older sculpts and models.(btw. look only at blade of the sword because I've been working only at it)

Thanks for reading :)

Replies

• pigart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pigart polycounter lvl 6
    People use a drawing tablet for sculpting and painting. It has pressure sensitivity so you have a lot more control. You can't really do hand painted textures and sculpting with a mouse.
  • universe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Woow , I'm really  suprised , I 've watched most of your timelapses on youtube and I admire you. I'd like to ask about this tablet becouse I wanted to buy one but i didn't know which will be ok. Is wacom intuos draw good for newbie like me? Tablet with display looks cool but it's expenisve.I'm not sure.  Btw. what tablet are You using?

*But there is just one problem: I can't paint on paper.
  • pigart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pigart polycounter lvl 6
    I use the Wacom Intuos Pro M. I can't suggest you what to buy without knowing your budget but I personally wouldn't cheap out on something that you will be using almost daily.

Painting on paper is a whole different thing. I can't do that either.
  • universe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm going to buy this Intuos Pro M but could You explain me this colors blending? Is it easier on a tablet ?