Home Technical Talk

Handpainted style technique in Zbrush, i need answers about creating a script in zbrush(proje,master

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Eleszar1 polycounter lvl 11
So i made a post last night you can find it here http://polycount.com/discussion/166005/technique-to-produce-a-handpainted-effect-in-a-matter-of-minutes-feedback-please#latest
 about how to achieve handpainted style effects using a  material i made + projection master.
My questions is     is there a scripter for ZBRUSH  that can create a script for the projection master to render all sides at once? (project all sides at once)
I am not sure if u get what i mean,  for example when i want to project the material effects on a human face i must first project it front then left  then right, so on....   so is it possible for  a scripter to create such a script that could render the model 360    and then project all rendered sides at once?

Replies

• cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    This is a built-in feature of zbrush. 
    1. Use Document: Zapplink Properties to store a Front, Right, and Top view (it will save the back/left/bottom automatically). 
    2. Make sure 'ZApplink Views' is toggled on
    3. Use Zapplink
    The resulting psd will have all views stored, which will project back onto the tool when you save and re-enter zbrush. This is for a straight-up polypaint projection; I'm not sure how well it will work if you're plan on using the ProjectionMaster-to-Texturemap approach. 
  • Eleszar1
    Offline / Send Message
    Eleszar1 polycounter lvl 11
    cryrid said:
    This is a built-in feature of zbrush. 
    1. Use Document: Zapplink Properties to store a Front, Right, and Top view (it will save the back/left/bottom automatically). 
    2. Make sure 'ZApplink Views' is toggled on
    3. Use Zapplink
    The resulting psd will have all views stored, which will project back onto the tool when you save and re-enter zbrush. This is for a straight-up polypaint projection; I'm not sure how well it will work if you're plan on using the ProjectionMaster-to-Texturemap approach. 
    well i  am aware of the Zapplink but its not going to work with the process i am after
  • cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Can you be more specific to what you're looking to accomplish as far as the actual workflow goes (' project the material effects on a human face')? Because if you're looking for a convenient and quick way to project a material around a model and bake the result into a seamless texture map, this process takes roughly 15 seconds per material. Record a photoshop action and you will literally spend more time clicking 'accept' than anything else. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg0NCAUm1ow