Home Technical Talk

[3dsmax] Complex shapes Buildings

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Demonith polycounter lvl 6
Hi i just cant get to know this shapes how to make it done i try with boxes buthard to makeit anyone can some one help me out ?

The roof tops shapes and the top left and bottom right also

Replies

• Twenty Four
    Offline / Send Message
    Twenty Four polycounter lvl 7
    Hello Demonith, this drawing looks very promising. I don't know if you are familiar with Splines but this is the method I will use to create this type of shapes at the beginning. For the top left corner shape I would generally use the Lathe modifier with added details done with the "Sweep" modifier. Then for the other parts, I will generally use a mix between the CrossSection and/or the Surface modifier. It's not very easy to set up because you have to cross all the splines to obtain a correct surface (add an EditPoly modifier on top of the pile to watch the result). Hoping it will help you for this project.
  • Jay_Dee
    Offline / Send Message
    Jay_Dee polycounter lvl 11
    Wow! Dat task's quite complex. Looks like a lot of work to do. Looking forward for the result. Good luck!
  • Demonith
    Offline / Send Message
    Jay_Dee said:
    Wow! Dat task's quite complex. Looks like a lot of work to do. Looking forward for the result. Good luck!
    Its not hard its seams like to much but when u start modeling it its easy :)
    Hello Demonith, this drawing looks very promising. I don't know if you are familiar with Splines but this is the method I will use to create this type of shapes at the beginning. For the top left corner shape I would generally use the Lathe modifier with added details done with the "Sweep" modifier. Then for the other parts, I will generally use a mix between the CrossSection and/or the Surface modifier. It's not very easy to set up because you have to cross all the splines to obtain a correct surface (add an EditPoly modifier on top of the pile to watch the result). Hoping it will help you for this project.

Tnx will try still everything goin well just that roof in middle the big one gives me pain
  • Demonith
    Offline / Send Message
    This gives me pain http://imgur.com/Adc5p14

Thi is what i done

• Noors
    Offline / Send Message
    Noors greentooth
    You shoudn't go with so much details already. Just block all shapes roughly with few polygons objects. Concept is pure 2d so you don't even know yet if it works in 3d or if you have to adjust shapes around. And i guess it doesnt work because that angle pilar is already weird. Besides, if you want to match closely the concept, you already have lots of proportions wrong.
  • Demonith
    Offline / Send Message
    This si just to get feel of the model how it goes its not like i detailing i do this to see how things look
  • Stranger
    Offline / Send Message
    Stranger polycounter lvl 5
    the 2D drawing is bonkerd in perspective. would recommend to do a quick blockout to fix the perspective  

• Demonith
    Offline / Send Message
    As i can see the golem statue is separeted block
  • Twenty Four
    Offline / Send Message
    Twenty Four polycounter lvl 7
    I tried to replicate the shape you are searching for, with a minimal amount of splines.
    Usually this technic gives me good result. But this time I had a hard time getting a beginning of something.
    Not really satisfied with the result, I post it anyway so you can see what I'm trying to explain.
    Splines with mirrors:

With only a surface modifier:

With edit poly on top:

• Demonith
    Offline / Send Message
    Well i had done and will post i used a other metodes for the roof and i will post a video ;) when i done
  • Demonith
    Offline / Send Message
    I tried to replicate the shape you are searching for, with a minimal amount of splines.
    Usually this technic gives me good result. But this time I had a hard time getting a beginning of something.
    Not really satisfied with the result, I post it anyway so you can see what I'm trying to explain.
    Splines with mirrors:

With only a surface modifier:

With edit poly on top:

Not good at all to much rounded if imay say i will post soon a pic
  • Demonith
    Offline / Send Message
    Well as i dont have time to study how to get easy that roof somethings going right way :)

till more fixes and adding middle roof and some smothing and blabla maybe i will make it done :)