Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

game animation syncing question (Unity)

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
MrBFox greentooth
Hello, not sure if this would be a better question to ask in the technical thread but say I have an animation of two characters interacting (like in a fight in Assassins Creed or the Arkham games), or a character interacting with a prop or piece of environment (like vaulting, climbing or picking up an item)  how would I go about implementing that or how do i lock the characters into the neccessary position to play the animation correctly.

Replies

• Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    For two character fighting, one character is moved to a position marked by a marker on the other character. That ensures the two characters are oriented properly before the synched animation starts. The two characters are animated together, then exported separately. Which character has the marker and which one gets moved depends on the specifics of the game design. Marker would be part of the character rig

For interacting with environment, the marker is in the level (Unity gameObject), and the player character has to be close enough to activate the specific animation.

• MrBFox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrBFox greentooth
    thanks think I understand that and how to implement it with code :)