Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

The Beast - Black Dog

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Avelyne polycounter lvl 3
Hey everyone! The contest theme seems really interesting and I've never made a creature before so I thought I'd give this a go and try something new. Looking forward to learning a lot and can't wait to see everyone's entries! 

For my idea, I tried looking up different mythological creatures to get inspiration. I came across black dogs/hell hounds and thought I'd base my story off of that.  I haven't totally figured my story out but, heres what I have so far: 

Many people believe that a black dog is an omen of death. Hexxar lived up to this tale as he spent his life hunting lost souls and dragging them to hell, whether they belonged there or not. His master had a monthly quota to meet and that meant condemning many innocent people to a very unpleasant after life.  Hexxar had always felt wrong in doing this and wanted to follow his true calling; to guide those who were about to pass to where they belong and provide them a safe journey. Finally, he'd had enough and broke free, in the process breaking the chain that bound him to his master. Hexxar can now be found wandering down paths, lighting the way for lost souls to follow.

Thanks for reading and any critiques/feedback is greatly appreciated!  :)

References:

WIP:

Replies