Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Blond's Traditional Animation Journey

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Blond polycounter lvl 9
This is it folks! Everything starts here!  :smile: 

Way before I entered the great world of CG and 3D animations, my former dream was to become a Traditional animator and one day work in big traditional feature film studio (Disney, Dreamworks and even Japanese studios).

Times have changed. 

2D movies aren't so popular right now on the big screen.
Most Western TV cartoons' work are outsourced in Asia.
Even 2D games now tends to get 3D more than ever ( Guilty Gear, Marvel vs Capcom, Street Fighter,etc.)
 :confused: 

Times have changed but my dreams haven't. I still dream of becoming a great traditional animator one day, maybe as in the end to work in movies, games or TV shows or simply, just simply for myself. My passion for 2D animation ( western cartoon and anime) still stays the same. :heart: 

Back in the days, I didn't have the drawing skills yet making me fail the art test when I attempted to learn it at school. I switched to 3D. Absolutely no regrets. I learned so much, from animation, to rigging and posing,  perspective and anatomy, media editing and compositing. I've also gathered a lot of technical information about image creation softwares.  Add to that; I've improved a lot in terms of drawing along the way.

However, these past months, I've slacked like I've never slacked in a long time. My resolution for 2016, was to take it all back and seriously and stop wasting time! 

This thread is for me an initiative to pick my pencils again and become more skilled and proficient, both in drawing and animation! :) 

Of course, I will still be doing mainly 3D works but I'll be more serious about my traditional work; STARTING FROM NOW!

Wish me luck people and hope on seeing cheers and encouragements from you! My lazy ass will need it. :smirk: 
It's all about the journey, not the destination!

Replies