Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dwarven Hammer

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Earthyn polycounter lvl 2
Hey guys, looking for some feedback on this model.

Also the normal map created dark edges around the bronze large decoration which I am unsure why as in painter it did not have this. Any solution to that I would be grateful!

Thanks

Replies

• Doomathon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Doomathon polycounter lvl 4
    Hi Earthyn,

Couple of things:
    What did you render this in? Was it Marmoset? Because you'll need to set up the shader to get a likeness to the textures from Painter.
    The materials don't look refined. All the materials have around the same amount of glossiness to them which kills the overall look to the prop.
    It also feels like a lot of random noise was applied to it with no regard as to what caused it. You have to put yourself in the shoes of the person wielding the weapon to tell the story effectively.

The runes and shapes are interesting, so I think with some more work it could be pretty cool :)

Don't give up!

• Earthyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Earthyn polycounter lvl 2
    Thanks Doomathon!
    Hi Earthyn,

Couple of things:
    What did you render this in? Was it Marmoset? Because you'll need to set up the shader to get a likeness to the textures from Painter.
    The materials don't look refined. All the materials have around the same amount of glossiness to them which kills the overall look to the prop.
    It also feels like a lot of random noise was applied to it with no regard as to what caused it. You have to put yourself in the shoes of the person wielding the weapon to tell the story effectively.

The runes and shapes are interesting, so I think with some more work it could be pretty cool :)

Don't give up!

So I looked into painter to marmoset and I actually noticed how much of a bad representation I was showing for the hammer.

I re-rendered the hammer correctly and theirs clear different glossiness levels and the correct normals and such!

I do agree with my noise and grunge being random in certain areas! 

I will become the dwarven warrior and see where it takes me with this model ;)