Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Underwater creature - Wip

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
FelidaeCat polycounter lvl 2
Hey guys,
im working on this fish creature at the moment and i thought you could help me a bit with it.
Mostly my stuff turn into a cartoony style. I like that style but everytime i try a realistic piece it doesnt work haha. Well i hope i can do a better job on this one now.
If you have any advice, tips and so on please let me know. Im thankful for all things. :]

Its just the basic shape. I changed the back fin and put some scales on his back today. The most part i struggle is the head..mhh.

Replies

• FelidaeCat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FelidaeCat polycounter lvl 2
    Worked a bit more on the back part today..mhh im still not happy withe the back fin, its cool that it has two parts now but it doesnt look very realistic. I think i must try another design.

• Nuclear Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    I think if you are trying to make a more realistic piece, you should look at tons of references for real life creatures. Find some animals that you like and see what forms and shapes they have in common. Already your creature is turning in to the more stylized side, the shapes and details are all rather non realistic. And just a heads up, you are already covering the creature in lots of details. I think you should tone it down, less is more. If you look at any sea animal they are more often than not very sleek and non detailed. I hope this helps, good luck.