Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Updated colour ID only partially works

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9

I updated my colour-id map and reimported it, it shows up on my model when I hold "c" but the new colours don't appear in the drop down selection of any of the smart ID's - any ideas?

I see the id's .psd has the new areas blank and I'm not sure how to fix that since the layers seem to be linked and applying a new material to the new colours via 3DO also doesn't work

I probably missed a setting somewhere

-I'm fully up to date
-I used the same file names and just saved over the old colourID
-I deleted all the targas in the preview folder and that did nothing

any other ideas?

the orange as well as other colours are missing : (

Replies

• loggie24
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    loggie24 polycounter lvl 3
    Same problem. For me re-importning updated colorID maps after partial texturing doesn't work at all. Even though it's re-imported successfully it doesn't update the map when i look at it. Asked about this on the facebook group but got no definitive answer on when it's going to get fixed or IF..
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    was thinking of just finishing off the textures in this project and starting a new one and working on the missing id in that one, then flatten and merge them manually for final versions ...crappy solution but I also have gotten no solid reply via the fb support page either : (

there's that or starting over : / which wouldn't be a huge deal if there was some way to save out the different masks I edited in various smart materials. Actually wouldn't saving each material as a preset work? just reload them in a new project with the updated colourID properly sourced... lol if only I had the program handy right now to try this all out :P 
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey guys!

We've run into an unexpected issue with CID maps. For now, what you can do is use your ID map to create a custom mask:

Select the color you'd like to mask with, using the Magic Wand in Photoshop.
    Create a new layer, fill that with white.
    CTRL+A, CTRL+C to select all and copy.
    Open DynaMask for the layer or group you'd like to mask, set it to black.
    Click Paint Mask in Photoshop - the paintbrush icon directly above Accept Mask.
    DynaMask will transfer to Photoshop - CTRL+SHIFT+V to paste in place, so your mask stays where it was created.
    Click Accept Mask, and repeat as needed.
    It sounds like a lot of work, but it only takes a few seconds and will function as a workaround for now until we get this color ID issue resolved.

This issue has been noted quite a few times on Facebook, but the replies I've posted there tend to disappear quickly due to the ephemeral nature of the platform. Sorry about the trouble - we'll be patching this ASAP!
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thank you! worked like a charm : )