Home Marmoset

Weird Shadows

Devon M
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Devon M polycounter lvl 4
Halp. 

But in all seriousness, what is going on? This is the first time this has happened to me. I will also post a few pictures that show my settings. NOTE: The huge, weird pixel shadows only appear when "Local Reflections" is turned on. If it is turned off, they are still here, BUT they are much, much smaller (still not good though.)

Here is a picture when "Local Reflections" is turned off. You can still see the weird pixels on the window sills.

Here is a picture of my current settings for the renderer. NOTE: I have not messed with any settings for the camera, animations, or the sky (other than taking the backdrop out and replacing it with this gray color.)

Thank you all for any help you can send my way.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi,

These are not shadows but some sort of rendering glitch. If you can, please package up your scene so I can see if it's possible to reproduce the issue and log it in our bug system. You can send me a PM with the file or email me at joe@marmoset.co.

Sometimes these errors are caused by invalid geometry, for instance faces with zero size or things of that nature. So you can try to make sure you don't have anything strange going on with your mesh. I would suggest making sure your video card drivers are up to date as well.
  • Devon M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi,

These are not shadows but some sort of rendering glitch. If you can, please package up your scene so I can see if it's possible to reproduce the issue and log it in our bug system. You can send me a PM with the file or email me at joe@marmoset.co.

Sometimes these errors are caused by invalid geometry, for instance faces with zero size or things of that nature. So you can try to make sure you don't have anything strange going on with your mesh. I would suggest making sure your video card drivers are up to date as well.
    I'm going through my mesh right now, Earthquake. Thank you for the response! After cleaning up my mesh, if I see anything odd still (like this rendering issue) I'll be sure to package up the scene and send it your way. 

I'll come back here if I resolve the problem myself as well. 
  • Devon M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Earthquake, thank you once again. I went through my mesh and found some extra faces, engons, and other subtle mesh problems. 

I imported it back into Marmoset after I cleaned everything and the black shadow-y pixels are no longer here. It must have been my mesh. Thank you for the help!
  • Mr Digital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr Digital polycounter lvl 8
    Hi, i was looking for a thread with the same issue, but i checked my mesh, welded any vertex or invisible face or whatever, also y reset xform on each part, and still i have this issue, any solution?

http://i.imgur.com/l3o1R2O.jpg

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, i was looking for a thread with the same issue, but i checked my mesh, welded any vertex or invisible face or whatever, also y reset xform on each part, and still i have this issue, any solution?

http://i.imgur.com/l3o1R2O.jpg

Sorry, I don't have any specific suggestions to fix this problem other than what I posted earlier in the thread (making sure you've cleaned up any invalid geometry or other issues). However, if you can package your scene up and send it my way (pm me or email me at joe@marmoset.co) I can put it into our bug tracking system.

Thanks