Home General Discussion

Astroneer . . . And, blast off!

Replies

• adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Whoa! Thanks everyone. It's great to get this kind of support for our pre-alpha game.
  • Tekoppar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tekoppar polycounter lvl 10
    Yo after a 2 hour journey I finally found my base again, should add some GPS item that shows the nearest "base".
  • kaptainkernals
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kaptainkernals polycounter lvl 12
    Just bought it, would've bought it day one, but i was away from my PC. Loving it, and love the ease of having friends drop into my game, or my joining their game.

(Loving the art style, and minimalist UI)

Can't wait to see how the game progresses!
  • Fuiosg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuiosg polycounter lvl 5
    I've now lost 2 rovers in caves, I imagine i'll find them someday and it will be a nice surprise. Those plants are dicks.
  • Asura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asura greentooth
    Congrats on the big step! Good luck, the game is super fun :D !!
  • mrawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mrawolf greentooth
    Awesome Adam, just saw an ad on skype for this! and welcome to Indiedev isn't it fun! wait a sec my ulcers are playing up.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Well, played my first coop game last night. I ended up getting lost in a truck for a good hour. Went to far away, then got turned around in some mountains. Couldnt see any pings from my base or coop players. It was driving me nuts. And Im not sure if i liked it or not. haha. It makes sense though. You`re in space. You arent going to know where you are at all times. Gotta learn to drop beacons as I go!
  • kaptainkernals
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kaptainkernals polycounter lvl 12
    If you have your mouse over your character, you get a compass at his feet - it's the best way to not get lost. Take note of general direction you'll be heading in, and then just head in the opposite direction when you get lost, it should get you close enough to your base to find it, even if you took a few turns on the way.

I also got lost, and I quite like how easy it is to get lost.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Ya, I learned about the compass last night. Though, I didnt think to check while I was driving around. Getting out to check is kinda annoying. 

That said, that's actually how I found my way home. I remember when I was leaving base, I ran into energy issues because I was driving away from the sun rise. I had to stop and let it catch up to me. So I eventually found my way home by going towards the sun rise. Eventually found a ship wreck that I knew I had stopped at and dug out. Really cool feature though, being able to look at the spinning sky/planet and tell your direction quickly. 
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    This game is amazing!
    I literary played, without breaks for 6 hours without even knowing it, though it had past maybe 1-2 hour at most :open_mouth:

well done Adam.
  • Josef R
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josef R polycounter lvl 5
    Loving the game. Very impressive for an early access pre-alpha build. I've played about 9 hours so far and still haven't run out of things to do.

A think a big improvement to the game would be focused points of linearity in an otherwise open world experience. The cave systems are sort of a supplement for at least the "feeling" of this, but are still just another open world element. For example, having large abandoned ships and structures that can be accessed and explored through simple puzzles and problem solving, like through restoring power or repairing parts of the facilities/ships. Any sort of thing that can emulate "dungeons," so to speak.
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eleszar1 polycounter lvl 11
    i bought it 2 weeks aggo is fun cant wait to see more to it