Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Whistler (PBR) - Fantasy Harmonica Prop

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Kid.in.the.Dark polycounter lvl 6
Current WIP, The High poly is practically at completion, but I'm just putting it up here in case anyone sees any major issues... If there are any problems with the mesh please do not hesitate to point them out :)

C&C Welcome!

Also, if anyone knows who the artist behind this lovely concept please point me in his/her direction since the original concept is not my work :) Thank you!

Replies

• Maxilator
    Offline / Send Message
    Maxilator polycounter lvl 8
    Looks good, I have a hard time understanding how it's supposed to be used, but it looks cool.
  • Kid.in.the.Dark
    Offline / Send Message
    haha thanks, to be honest I personally thought the same... in fact I imagined this to be played more like a harmonica/flute type hybrid of some sort...
    Also, kind of thought the player would push down on the little clicks on top of the pipes whilst blowing through the mouth piece vent perhaps for a sense of tuning? Either way I can't be entirely sure until I get a hold of the original concept artist and pick at their brain but one can imagine it'd be played like that haha..

More updates on this soon... Since I haven't had much comments about the HP or any major issues stated... I've started moving onto the low poly (I will go back a stage if someone advises otherwise) :D
  • Doxturtle
    Offline / Send Message
    Doxturtle polycounter lvl 8
    In the original concept art the handle parts curve to blend with the cylindrical shape, yours are just straight
  • Kid.in.the.Dark
    Offline / Send Message
    Good observation, mine actually do bend already but I guess it could do with bending into the full silhouette of the cylinder instead. I'll have that adjusted right now :) Thanks!
  • Kid.in.the.Dark
    Offline / Send Message
    And here's the update :)

Anything else guys?

• Kid.in.the.Dark
    Offline / Send Message
    So, Here's the current baked low poly model. I managed to dig up the original concept source and turns out it's an actual concept for Bioshock Infinite. So I'm re-titling this as a Fan Art Piece :) However I'd still love to know who the artist who produced this concept is as well!
    Also, it provides an explanation to what this actually is... so it's actually a flute and not a harmonica haha, my mistake.
    This is currently sitting at 9,221 Triangles
    C&C Welcome!

• Kid.in.the.Dark
    Offline / Send Message
    I just uploaded my low-poly model onto Sketchfab. I've basically prepared all my maps for Substance today... so I'll be updating this once I get spare time at home :)

PC's bugging out with posting this sketchfab viewer... keeps turning it into a hyperlink that says "model"... so posting it separately.
  • Kid.in.the.Dark
  • Kid.in.the.Dark
    Offline / Send Message
    So, I've been working on this one recently and I've gathered some nice feedback from a lot of people across other resources besides PC...
    Here's what I have atm.. I'm pretty much about to call this done but I'd like to run this through PC one more time before I sign it off so... this is still open to C&C.