Home Contests & Challenges Archives Warframe

[Alt Helmet] - Frost

Just started it! Going for an alternate Frost helmet. Playing around with the antlers, hopefully it's not too Oberon-y.

75d623eed24f6c00e7aab31bf95d8eecpng

Replies

• anhdang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

More editing! I removed the big ring in the middle to try and keep that more dome like frost shape.

Also trying to improve the antlers.

Which one do you guys like better? 1 or 2?

9de025329dfb7e011f02036571dcf2eb.png

4563dcc0b246222d056552e8a04b407a.png

• BagelHero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    Whoa, when did Frost get added? Rad.

This is looking great, I like 2 a bit better. I will say though that right now it may be a little too similar to Oberon's style, you may want to look into ways to deviate from that while still maintaining this sort of overall aesthetic. I think that something deer-y is not a bad idea at all and I think it ties in with the frost theme very well, but it might be best to try and purposefully tap into something that Oberon doesn't fit. Frost is a decent defensive and powerful frame, perhaps go for something that has a little more weight and power in the model, and a little less emphasis on delicate interwoven lines? As Oberon overall has the frailty/delicate look going for him. Perhaps you could bring in the softness of snow/frost back in in the texture to differentiate from Oberon on first sight.

Technically though it's super clean and appealing so this is all just ideas, and only mentioned since you had bought up concern of being a bit too Oberon-y earlier. Really looking forward to seeing more progress.
  • [kaz]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [kaz] polycounter lvl 9
    Ohhh I bet you could do something really sweet with some big elk antlers instead... a lot more protective-looking too. Look up Irish Elk, it's an extinct species with truly massive antlers that look very different from spindly deer antlers.
  • anhdang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I tried adding ice horns, but kept the second set antlers because I thought it kind of looked nice and put the middle ring back. It looks really busy now though, so I'm probably going to redo the antlers again. ;__; Might go with elk like [KAZ] suggested, for a bigger shape. (That elk looked badass)

rIPLMzYpng

• anhdang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Maybe just all ice horns? Instead of antlers? It's a bit less busy.

XbV6r38png

• BagelHero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    Certainly looking a lot less Oberon-y, I think it's headed in the right direction! More! Moooooore! B)