Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Recruitment for open-world survival fantasy first person shooter

triangle
Offline / Send Message
8bitboy triangle
              Hi Polycounters, I am recruiting modelers (and texturers), animators, and environment artist to engage in the world of Smloop. What is it??? Smloop is a survival game focusing on providing realistic and innovative gamplay to aid in player's overall skill. To do this we have devoted countless hours of concepting and programming to implement a radial object space inventory and a reload system based off the game Reciever and the current game D.U.S.T (except less technical). The player is a humanoid ant (figure not based on any movies) and the setting is a house along with the cold wilderness outside(its not procedural but imagine Dayz map scale). This setting allows us to offer a experience not fully visualized in three dimensions and to re imagine forms of loot (craftable weapons and better supplies being in the house). That is the gist of it, but to accomplish this sweet and probably somewhat disruptive game we need more developers as we only have three including me and were short on asset-creators (I am the only one). 

*Below are some requirements*
~Modeler
  • -Texture assets
  • -good communication skills (Skype, Slack, etc)
  • -Willing to learn
~Environment Artist
  • -Familiar with Placement of Rocks and Atlasing in their 3D program of choice
  • -Knows how lighting works in Unity (GI, Reflections, Shaders, etc)
  • -Can Optimize 
~Animators
  • -Can Animate a four fingered arm
  • -Familiar with mecanim
  • -Compatible with programmer (for the reload system)
~Profit
-Revenue Share which sounds deceptive I know, but this game is a indie game so dividing profits among developers is sort of the culture. We will probably have a plan when it goes to market but every developer who is currently working on the game has put equal hours in and enjoys their work. Point being a indie is tough,  but money should not be the motivator. 
~Screen Shots
http://i.imgur.com/svlDt5b.png (test involving viewmodel hand using CS:GO workbench materials to test gun placement in hand) 
http://i.imgur.com/U2viFd5.png (Rocks, early prototype of them though) 
~Version Control
-We use Source Tree which is a git based repository system, if you can understand the basics then your golden (its pretty simple though).

~Communication
-We use Skype alot, so having other developers contacts is sort of a must-have, on top of that we have Slack another great team based communication tool. 

~Current Members
  •      -Faizan Durrani (Inventory programmer 17 years old)  
  •     -Max Chehab (Network programmer 25 years old)  
  •     -Nick Brooks (Modeler and Animator 17 years old also me)                                                                                                                                                        
~Contact
Email and Skype: nickbrooks1@outlook.com (or message me here)

Replies

• Oliverr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oliverr polycounter lvl 8
    I would like to make some assets for your project, i have been messing around with 3d modeling for a few years now but nothing serious (like making a model here and there in my free time). I am not very experienced with game design at the moment but i do know the basics and how to optimize my models, i think this project will help me learn a lot and i would love to join your team. i am very open to constructive criticism and expect it due to my lack of knowledge but i will make sure that i learn from it and improve. I wont have tons of time to work on this project because i am still in high school and would like to be able to enjoy time with my friends but i can promise that i will work on assets whenever i have free time.

you can add me on skype if you are intersted: oliver.ruta
  • 8bitboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    8bitboy triangle
    Sent you a contact request, basically everybody in the team develops it in their free time. :-) 

• Beard3D Bandit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beard3D Bandit polycounter lvl 7
    This sounds fun, however, I am still learning and wouldn't want to create mediocre assets. If I noticed this in say 6 months time, I may have spoken to you about creating assets.

Learning how to make rocks too, which is fun! If you have time to provide feedback on my current project thread, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thread: http://polycount.com/discussion/comment/2406586#Comment_2406586

Peace!
    Beardy
  • 8bitboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    8bitboy triangle
    Really like the rocks, my rocks in the screenshot are going to get better. I know they do not look great, but I want to have big structures of rocks combined in a consistent style. I do not know if you know how to do that, but I have been combining rocks in Zbrush to achieve that effect. I like your rocks, I think their great, any input on how to make big structures of rocks would be extremely helpful. Good luck on whatever your doing, I hope you understand that I want to make my assets better as well just like you do. Thanks alot.