Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Question about dDo.

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
micropolius polycounter lvl 3
There are a lot of tutorials about How to texture with quixel suite using maps derived from high poly source meshes. Curvature, position, etc 
For my project I am sticking to low poly surfaces without high-poly source data.
I read through the manual but I can't find the answer I am looking for.
I am trying to add detail to my low poly drawer with dDo. I wanna know how I can preview my mesh + normal detail in 3DO.   

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Your mesh and normal detail previews automatically with 3DO so long as you have inputs associated with it via dDo or the 3DO Import tab. If you wish to add normal details to your mesh, you can do that with Materials or Smart Materials. Or you can mask out areas with a bump map by adding a bump channel (Top-right of the dDo window -> Add New Map -> Bump) and create a layer or material specifically for that purpose. Anything in the bump channel gets combined with normals upon export. :smile: 
  • micropolius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    micropolius polycounter lvl 3
    Your mesh and normal detail previews automatically with 3DO so long as you have inputs associated with it via dDo or the 3DO Import tab. If you wish to add normal details to your mesh, you can do that with Materials or Smart Materials. Or you can mask out areas with a bump map by adding a bump channel (Top-right of the dDo window -> Add New Map -> Bump) and create a layer or material specifically for that purpose. Anything in the bump channel gets combined with normals upon export. :smile: 

That is awesome man thanks!